Monday, October 5, 2026

Les Bleus d’Alsace 2026 Quiltalong

For our 2026 quilalong, I had a plan but after visiting Alsace, a region in France, my brain led me a different way. 

So here we are- my inspiration was this lovely gray/blue I kept seeing!









Just a little peak on the right.

 






This was the airbnb my daughter and I stayed in 2015. Blue shutters have stole my heart!


Swatches at the linen museum.


And, of course, this quilt displayed in France from the International Quilt Museum.


I've gathered up a few bits of gray/blues and blue printed shirtings. I have one print that is a dark blue. I had to dig deep! I wish I had more French General blues. The quilt will measure about 22" square. 
If you want to sewalong, start digging for the fabrics you'd like to use. 

The name of our quilt is Les Bleus d'Alsace or The Blues of Alsace. Feel free to rename it if you decide NOT to use blues. 

Let me know, either in comment or email to humblequilts@gmail.com if you plan on joining!

Have a lovely week!


PS, I have vintage linens from France in my Etsy store! Check it out HERE  if you'd like. (search linen) 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!