Monday, September 18, 2017

Palmateer Point Quiltalong Part 2

When you choose your two fabrics it is important they have good contrast. I went with pink, which was in the original vintage quilt.

 We need 24 half square triangles that will finish at 3"- so that means these are 3 1/2" unfinished.

Here's the method I like to use. You can use whatever method you like and works for you!
From my 2 fabrics I will cut 3- 8" squares. (3 lights, 3 print)

Draw lines like this. and layer with your other fabric. 

Sew a scant 1/4" on each side of the diagonal lines. Cut on the other two lines. You will get 8 hst from this square! Super simple! Do that with 3 squares.
Press toward the darker fabric and trim to 3 1/2". Admire your work!

Ta-da! Until next Monday!
Have a wonderful week!!

8 comments:

  1. So fun! Will I throw off the cuteness is I use blue?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just remembered I do have pink! Hope it matches in tones. Otherwise I don't know which direction to go....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pinks, huh? I will get going on this SAL tomorrow. Last week was crszy busy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this method to do Hst.And in the first part I sew my 21/2 squares.Will they work?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lori in keeping with the design ( mystery) should we do the squares in 2 fabrics only, a light and a dark....part 2. My squares in part 1 are a mixture of all sorts of Lights & Darks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hola Lori. Aunque estés ya publicando el segundo objetivo, me puedo incorporar para hacer este Mystere? Cuándo vi los cuatro patch, pensé que lo estabas haciendo sola. Un beso

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!