Wednesday, January 4, 2017

2016 in Review

The highlights of 2016

I was asked by my friend, Kim to do a presentation at Mt Bachelor's Quilters Guild 
and was honored to do so. I LOVE sharing my quilts and would love to do a 
presentation for your quilt guild too.

Finished Stars in a Time Warp top- it's still a top but have plans for it.


Took a class with friend and popular author, Sujata. 

Was able to attend Houston Quilt Fest and meet this wonderful lady, Debbie, who was also my roommate.
Right on the heels of Houston I got to go to Peru on a missions trip and hand deliver little dresses to lovely little girls.  (I'll be taking more to Columbia in early 2018)

With 4 other blogger we collaborated on a Gwennie Inspired medallion quilt along, which I deem to be sucessful. We also talked about trying to make a small exhibit to share at quilt shows or other avenues, so if you have ideas about this, please let me know. (Must get mine quilted! pronto!)
Had another successful small quilt swap. (will do this again this spring, so feel free to start making a quilt)
Elsa, who was hurt and left to fend for herself, came to live with us. 


I hosted another quiltalong- "Quilters Matter" and love the quilts I've seen!

And, you have all been a big part of my quilting year and projects! Thanks for all your encouragement, participation and kind words!

22 comments:

  1. And thank you for sharing your year with us! Peace & happiness in 2017!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2016 was a busy year for you ! I wish you the best for this new year !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great quilts and adventures! Here's to a wonderful 2017! Thanks for letting me share a part of your journey through your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have had quite a busy year! Here's to lots of quilting and quilt friend time in 2017!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for being such a fantastic and inspirational blogger :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Lori for share : )
    I emailed you about speaking at my guild

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful year. You are so thoughtful and charitable. All of the quilts and quilt-alongs were super beautiful & fun, as always. Happy New Year to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lot was accomplished and experienced. I will send you an email about my guild.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great year in quilting you had!! I wish you all the best in 2017!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love reading your posts Lori. Are there requirements for the small quilt swap or is it whatever you like? Thanks for hosting this. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lori!! tu año ha sido muy pero que muy intenso
    saludos

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's always fun to see what everyone has completed in a year. You've had a positive and creative year. I'm sure 2017 has some new and fun experiences in store for you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your Gwennie inspired medallion especially. So much fun to follow along!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You've had some good experiences this year. Looking forward to your adventures of 2017.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful year, work, meetings. XXX

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful 2016, especially the new family member. Look forward to seeing your 2017 projects. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You had a great year! Looking forward to 2017!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your year was filled with wonderful experiences. I bet you have some ideas for 2017 cooking already.

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!