Friday, November 30, 2018

Quilts! Donations! Supplies! Oh mY!

It has been awesome! 
Yesterday a long time friend donated a large box of new shirts from their embroidery business! They are mostly mens, but a great variety.  I hadn't planned on bringing clothing more than coats, but like my friend who lost everything, say yes to everyone's generosity, so I did!



I spent the afternoon organizing them by size so it would be easier to give away what was needed.

Also, I want to tell you a funny story. Several years ago my brother asked me for a quilt for his condo in Seattle. So I gave him an option, he chose a quilt, and that was that. Well, fast forward several months, maybe a year or two and I was very confused about where a specific blue and white quilt went. I was completely baffled, until my next visit to Seattle! LOL 

So now, because this is a record of my quilting I am documenting the quilts I am bringing to CA so when and if I start to look for them, I'll have a record somewhere!

 This is a quilt I made for my dad and it worked its way back to me. It is the one quilt I am bringing that can be for a man. (Pattern from Bonnie at Quiltville)
 I washed my quilts before packing them up and although I put in color catchers this one came out a bit more pink than it went in!





Wendy donated her Gwennie medallion and it fits perfectly in this bag, which can also be used to store clothing, etc...

If you had planned on sending Honey Run Quilters fabric, please hold off. They are overwhelmed at the moment and need to get organized. They are accepting quilts and pillowcases and do have a need for rulers, rotary cutters, mats, thread, pin cushions. 

I was going to post an IQF finale, but I ran out of day and opted for this easier post.

And here is my Instagram post for the week.

Make it a terrific weekend!!




11 comments:

  1. Wow, what a load! Thanks again for making all this happen. I know you have spent a ton of time organizing and traveling to donate. You are a gem!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i always think of the kennedy family who lived by the philosophy that to whom much is given, much is expected...we as quilters are mostly blessed with plenty of stuff, stash etc....and also are happy to pay it forward...it is indeed a privilege for us all...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are being very generous with all of those quilts. What a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lori, I saw a post (somewhere?) saying they were sending hand sewing projects for the quilters from Paradise. I have prepped wool projects to send but it sounds like this might not be the good timing. Any thoughts?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your quilts are going to be so appreciated both for warmth and beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved seeing your quilts today. You are incredibly generous, I couldn't part with some of these treasures. What a good heart you have.

    Maybe readers who wished to donate could still send things [ok not fabric or pins/ needles] but other items to a wider ranging charity, like Red Cross? I know there are pet rescues needing help, I am sure others, not quilters need things too? Not that you should organize that, just a general suggestion.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are donating a generous bundle of your own creations, Lori. I wish I had any quilts large enough to use that were ready to use. My minis wouldn't be of much good to keep people warm, unless I got Wendy to stitch a bunch of them together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are such beautiful quilts and will be much appreciated and loved.
    I am going to try and spend more time on my machines and hopefully get better at finishing my quilts, love the idea of gifting them to others and I really do need more of my own.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  9. awesome! I'm waiting for them to let me know when to send my stuff. You are so generous Lori!

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!