Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Spencer Museum Quilt

I mentioned a while back that I was going to work on this quilt this year and several of you wanted to join in!! YAY! 
Here is Jan Patek's version using her fabric. As you can see there is 4 designs, she made 3 of each one. ZZZZ that doesn't usually float my boat, so I'll make one of each since these are 20" blocks and can stretch it to make it a tad larger. 



I found this lovely French General fabric in Texas and thought I would use it for the border. 

I'm going to use my homespuns for the applique background. 

Here are the four blocks. I propose we start with the Upper left Whig Rose block. We will check back in on our progress the end of February. 

In one week we will have our first Stringalong linky party!! 

11 comments:

  1. I'd LOVE to, but since I cannot take on one more thing, I will be having fun watching you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I STILL have my POMS to finish--but I love your border choice and backgrounds should be perfect. Lovely quilt hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely red border fabric! There was a bit of a delay getting my pattern, but it is on it’s way now. I will be looking in my stash for fabrics today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great border fabric! I like the idea of the homespuns as the background.
    I laughed at your "doesn't usually float my boat" comment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The red is wonderful and different. You'll need to rework the sashing stars if you only do four blocks. I hope you keep them, they re such a great touch. I also like the faded o blue block.
    lizzy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought I was the only one who liked to take pictures of courthouses. But, I guess not! I have thought about putting all the courthouse pictures in an album, but haven't done it yet. One of the best courthouses is in Waxahachie, TX (where my favorite quilt shop used to be) - the county seat of Ellis County. Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this but where do I find the pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just ordered my pattern today. I really have too many things going, but am always sorry when i have not joined your projects and they are all so neat! Plus, I have been working on another applique project and I really do enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!