Monday, February 18, 2019

Quilt Retreat

The second weekend in February my girlfriend, Christy and I made plans for a mini sewing retreat in Sisters, Oregon. This was a great chance to sew uninterrupted and get a few projects completed.

On Saturday we made a trip to the Stitchin' Post. I don't get to Sisters very often so it is nice to see what's going on in the local quilt world.


This little quilt was darling! In a few photos down you can see a larger version hanging on the wall.

 What a gorgeous display. The employee told me Val is a huge fan of blue and white. I chose one of these prints for my binding on the eagle orphan block quilt.
As knitting gains popularity so does their space for yarn. 

Beautiful wool.  Interesting table runner . 





The first night Christy had a bit of trouble and kept the seam ripper close by! AArgh!!

But, she did manage to get lots of blocks complete. These are flower blocks for Cecile and Bea's quiltalong.
Christy got this top together too! Sorry, the black and white was the only one I had on my phone. It's scrappy blues and whites with red centers. 


Backing and binding for the eagle orphan block quilt.

I feel like I got quite a bit done but am saving the photos because they are quiltalong blocks! The Feb stringalong linkup will be February 25th and the  Spencer Quilt Museum link up is going to be February 27. (guess what I worked on!?)

I got a bunch of these completed too! I need to get a cont and a layout. 

Dark chocolate and wine is always a good way to unwind at the end of the day. 

Happy Presidents Day!


12 comments:

  1. thanks for taking us along on the virtual shop tour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what fun! Nothing like a good retreat. And, I am proud of you for waiting until "the end of the day" to partake in the wine and chocolate. I must admit at our retreats we don't always wait that long!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a lovely weekend. I need to look at my calendar and schedule a sewing day at home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That shop is on my bucket list. Thanks for the preview. ☺️

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun weekend. Great shop, I d want all of the blues!

    [You can change photos from black and white to color on your phone, you know that, right?]

    lizzy

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun retreat! I have never been on one...but I need to go. Lovely projects, all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you got on retreat. My annual planned retreat on this long weekend was canceled due to our snow storm we had this week. Hope to get it rescheduled soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's been quite a while since we've driven through Sisters and I was able to browse in their shop. I saw something there that I should have bought - the unicorn pillow. Now I think I want to make it for my DGD for next Christmas. The little house quilt is awfully cute. Looks like you had a fun retreat!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that shop and always look forward to our annual visit there. Thank you for the virtual visit.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely shop. Look forward to seeing your secret blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like a wonderful retreat! Thanks for the peek into the Sister shop :0) Spencer quilt museum link up? Did you start something new and exciting!?!

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!