Friday, February 15, 2019

Memories of France and Book Sale Inquiry

I was going to do a bit of machine and hand quilting on this little Sajou Too, but I was on a roll at our Sisters retreat and just went with it!


 I did add that awesome French General binding when I got home. 
The backing was a map of Paris. 

French General label too!


I went to Portland and finally was able to see the new-to-her salon she moved to almost 2 months ago. It is in a cool historic building above Voo-Doo donuts.

 Champagne chandelier??? LOL
 When the weather is nice there is a little balcony very similar to a few places we've stayed in Europe. It was rainy the day I went so I only took a sneak peak.
As is our tradition to go to lunch after my hair appointment. This is where I gave her the little quilt for Valentine's Day.

Thank you so much for purchasing the books! I just have a handful left and if you want to take a final peak you can do it HERE.
I'm still waiting to hear from White Eagle, and Linda Z. Please contact me with your mailing address at ldej@crestviewcable.com and I'll get these in the mail to you!

My Instagram feed for the week!

Have a fantastic weekend friends!!





12 comments:

  1. What a wonderful gift full of fond memories. That new salon building is sensational! I could see a quilt room set up in there!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sajou II is such a beautiful memory of your trip, one your daughter will treasure always. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely gift to remember a special trip. What a cool workspace she has! I like Wendy's comment about seeing a quilt room set up there - of course that's a great idea :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a nice memory quilt as a good memory to a fine daughter mum trip. And a lovely day to give it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Paris map backing fabric....very good idea.
    Are VooDoo donuts a chain or just local? And are they yummy? Would be hard for me working so near a good donut shop. I love cream sticks. Not the custard kind but the kind with a marshmallowy type creamy filling Our Publix stores have such good ones.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a beautiful quilt - love the pretty border.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a darling Valentine's quilt...perfect!! Such lovely colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The little quilt is darling! I esp love the Paris map back, wow. The salon is very beautiful, how does your hair look, we want to see!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A perfect little valentine gift and a remembrance of your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You ticked all the boxes on that little quilt. A perfect remembrance of France.
    What a beautiful work environment.
    And what a beautiful daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the backing on your beautiful quilt!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great job on the quilting!! I love how it turned out... And even your backing is perfect.
    Rene's new work digs look amazing. Tempting to go there for a haircut!!

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!