Wednesday, February 20, 2019

The Lincoln Museum Quilt

My Lincoln quilt is on the road to the quilters!
The pattern came from Barbara Brackman and so did some of the fabric. Please read about the quilt on her blog here.  It has only been a little over a year since I won the pattern and fabric so I am right on my normal schedule! I opted to make my blocks 8" instead of 12, so I made a few more. My finished quilt size is approx 64x 72. 

I had some of this awesome Lincoln fabric from my friend Jill and couldn't think of a more appropriate quilt to use it on. 

And I added some homespuns, one which had this slice in it I noticed while ironing the completed backing. I used some fusible and the same fabric and fused it closed from the opposite side.

I'm sending it off to Diane, Butterfly Threads Quilting to do baptist fans for me.  I knew this quilt would need a simple all over pattern. I'll be adding this quilt to my "Reruns; Quilts Inspired by the Past" lecture!! 

I hope you all are having a terrific week.

24 comments:

  1. Love that quilt--and the Lincoln fabric! Perfect together :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a stunning quilt! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very nice...was tempted on this one myself but UFO list already daunting...can't wait to see the finish...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! You’ve inspired me to add another to the list of quilts I’d like to make! Lol! Good fix for the slice and quite appropriate for the period of the quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a very pretty quilt...I need to make one too!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your version is fabulous! Lucky you spotted the slit before quilting or you would have had to embroider a bug or something over it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great finish! Love all the plaid.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sitting next to the mailbox waiting! LOL
    Thanks for letting me quilt it, I'm super excited to see it in person.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it, it looks like an antique! Like the smaller blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on your finish. Baptist fan is perfect for this quilt. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. This really calls to me--and I have the pattern. The smaller blocks look great. I think Jill would be pleased that her fabric is at home in "The Lincoln Quilt".
    Oh, don't you hate when you find a nick in fabric after you have put it into a project? Luckily it was on the back and you made a good save. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the mix of homespuns. Simply gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful. I love seeing the plaids used again, nice fresh prim look.

    ReplyDelete
  14. BF will be fantastic on this one! I can't wait to see it all finished. It's perfect to add into your trunk show!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It looks wonderful! I love star quilts and never get tired of them. Good fix for the little snip. Baptist Fans are going to look great!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your quilt is beautiful,front & back!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous quilt and the backing fabric is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lori Me encanta tu edredón
    Saludos

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your quilt! Those homespuns are great!

    ReplyDelete

  20. Love your quilt! Congratulations on your finish!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This will be a great addition to your lecture collection !

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love this quilt!! Great save on the backing. I have the pattern and my homespun fabric stored in a tub, hopefully I will make it soon.

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!