Friday, June 28, 2019

This, That and The Other

Here is my double four patch  laid out as I pieced the blocks together.  Up close it looked like a jumble....


We were thinking the lights should have been more light all the way through. 
Trying to get some good lighting. 

 I plan on adding a border. I like it because it was a friendship swap, not because I love the layout.
Thanks Kevin and Kathy!!

My first project was Almost Amish, our fall quiltalong. I'll baste it and quilt it over the next few months. This came straight from my solid bin. I recommend use what you have! (if you have it)
Green, white, light brown (photo looks gray), maroon, black and blue. 

We will share our string quilts with linky on Monday July 1st.  This is Kathy's "trash" bin for doggy beds. I made a few string blocks and didn't even have to get into her stash- just the trash! LOL 

I do have my complete Not Spencer Quilt Museum and we will share those on Wednesday July 3. Let me know if you are ready and I'll link to your blog!

I asked guild members to bring antique or vintage tops or quilt to share. It goes along nicely with the lecture and is such a good way for people to share their treasures with their friends. (and me!)
Donna shared a few quilts but brought more to the house Tuesday morning. I really want to share these two with you all. 

The note attached to this said they thought this was a practice quilt for a wedding quilt. 




Take a close look at that tiny quilting!! 


It was beautiful!! The quilting was so lovely.
This was the wedding quilt that she practiced for. The setting is the same, but she  changed the quilting pattern. 
 I love this fabric!!
How beautiful is this cable quilting??

The same tiny beautiful stitches.

This was only 2 of the family quilts she brought over to share. 
Loved them all!!!


I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! See you Monday with your string quilts!

20 comments:

  1. I love your version of our swap blocks and can't wait to get my version pieced. I love turning trash to treasure! What a beautiful wedding quilt....practice makes perfect! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love, love, love those house blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too LOVE those house blocks...........makes me want to start one TODAY! Thanks for sharing.......as always!
    Mona

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your scrappy Double 4-Patch is beautiful! I absolutely love it and may have to do one myself. I'll just gather a few friends too for extra scrappiness like you did!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Scrappy quilts up close can have a busy look. But, if the lights and darks have good placement, stepping back and looking at the side by side blocks, the desired effect magically happens.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your scrappy fun quilt...you knew I would!! Such fun digging in the trash...and that house quilt! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The photo out on the lawn of the double 4-patch really shows its beauty. I think it's terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  8. double 4 patch is wonderful...love seeing the quilting on old quilts...have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing the House Quilts. Great one for a pair of Newlyweds. Have fun deciding on a border for the Swap quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely stitching on the house quilt. So neat to see that much effort put into a quilt! I like the light to medium colors in the background of your double four patch. Makes it so interesting.:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Quilts from swap blocks are special. And, what a great house block. So graphic with all that white space. A house quilt has been on my bucket list for far too long - I'm itching to start one!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your Double Four Patch quilt is gorgeous! I made one recently which still needs to be quilted, but after seeing yours I want to make another one. I would love to play in your scraps! You have the most beautiful fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the layout of the double four patch! The color differences make it sing and sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The house quilt is beautiful. ..so humble (down-to-earth) and the quilting is awesome !
    Your 4patch quilt is terrific and precious because it's a swap.
    I have many solids and I love to work with them so.... i'm ready ! ;)
    Thank you Lori !

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your double 4-patch calls to me! It works for me, even with some darker "lights".
    That is so interesting that they made a "practice" wedding quilt. Did the second one look like it was better than the first?
    That is a great fabric! I wonder if anyone has ever reproduced it?

    ReplyDelete
  16. The layout of your 4-patch is perfect! I've always wanted to make a house quilt and the two you shared are lovely. Great fabric! Your Almost Amish QAL sounds really interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your Double four patch looks wonderful! I adore both of the house quilts - wow! I like the practice one best though - I'm a sucker for quilted feathers :0)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love all house quilts and that one is awesome! wow
    your quilt top looks great too!!!'

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the color variation in your quilt just the way it is! If I made that house quilt (either one) I would name the quilt, "This Old House!" Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!