Monday, July 15, 2019

Sisters Outdoor Quilt Show

The yearly Sisters quilt show was Saturday and although it leans toward the modern side more and more it is still a fun summer show to attend.
Here are a few highlights:
This aqua color was very prevalent throughout the show this year!
The side wall of the Stitchin' Posts are hung with the employee challenge quilts.



I've been to show several years ago when the main street through Sisters was not closed for the show. Traffic would back up for miles!
There are quilt rescue teams throughout town ready to rescue a quilt that has fallen, come partially unhooked or any other tragedy that may befall a quilt in an outdoor venue.
This quilt was one of my favorites. How darn cute is that?




This was another one I adored! Check out the details below.  Made by Tonye Belinda Phillips.




This was a lovely way to use and enjoy French General fabrics.
Ran into local friends, and standing in front of another French General fabric quilt!


A lovely traditional quilt using lots of different reds!

Of course, there were many more lovely quilts, but these are the first few that really caught my eye!

Let's make it a wonderful week!


21 comments:

  1. Thanks for the quilt show! Maybe some day ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Has it always been more modern? Just curious

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing these photos! That round one is my favorite too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved seeing all the Sisters quilts. I think most all current quilts are “to the modern”. My preference is antique, 1930’s but I still enjoy seeing what’s out there. Everything is cyclical.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The quilts with the ''dolls'' and or houses are all darling, esp the circular one. Not exactly modern, so whimsical and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing. Sad I was not able to attend the show. Yay we had lunch together and hugs on Tuesday at the high school!❤ thank you for the special card ❤ to Hanna too ❤

    ReplyDelete
  7. Talk about quilt overload---love the rescue team--
    I needed them a bit ago--when the squirrel was digging up my flowers!!!!
    thanks for sharing--
    and I too miss the 'older' style quilts--
    luv, di

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the idea of a quilt rescue squad. Sometimes I could use one in my sewing room. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was wistfully wishing that I could have made the show this year! I would love a good quilt overdose right about now.:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So good to see photos of a quilt show that I will never visit (too far from Australia) thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That Color Wheel, the Ladies, and that Town Square quilt caught my eye. Such lovely quilts! Thanks for sharing (a portion of) your adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Lori, thankyou for sharing your wonderful photos. I loved the tie dyed indigo quilt, as well as the ladies in a circle. How lovely to have an outdoor quilt show, we dare not do that here in England, we have too much (often unexpected) rain!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loved seeing your favorites from the show.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It looks fabulous!! I LOVE the Quilt rescue people!! that is too cool!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the circle with the girls quilt, and the quirky ladies and houses quilt. Can't believe its been 2 years since I was there.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks like such a fun friendly show, in the sunshine. Delightful! Love the whimsy of the little colorful pieced ladies in Tonye's.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I was watching the Quilt Show this morning with Alex Anderson and Ricky Tims. One of their guests was a lady from Los Angeles that said she started the Modern Quilt Guild. She explained how it brought so many people together who had not found a nitch elsewhere. The modern quilt making has certainly taken off and it shows in what is displayed at quilt shows.

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!