Friday, March 13, 2020

Quilters are the Best Part 2

Here is Elizabeth and Roy snuggled in the quilt that Mona sent. 
Here is a comment she left on Wednesday's blog post:
Dear beautiful ladies,
As I sit here, tears streaming down my face, holding a beautiful baby boy wrapped in a love quilt, I am humbled by your kindness and generosity ❤️
Thank you Mona for the amazing quilt you sent us; I love it so much. Little Roy gets warn out really easily right now during this healing period and he loves me to hold him when he sleeps, now he’s all comfy on my lap wrapped in his beautiful new quilt. I can’t thank you enough ❤️
I read that many offers were made to send us a quilt, so I want to thank you all from the bottom of my heart.
You humble me with your love...thank you.
��
I don’t know how to post a pic here, so I’ll post it on my fb page: Elizabeth Higbe Crouch
Love you all❤️❤️❤️

I made sure she knew the quilt was for HER! 

It truly is beautiful. 
Thank you Mona and thank you to all who offered to send quilts! 


I did find out last night that Little Roy has a fever and was heading back to the children's hospital. They could use your prayers!!

In the midst of this outbreak of COVID 19 please heed the warnings and stay away from others if you aren't feeling well. Avoid large gatherings.  My plan is to stay in my sewing room as much as possible this weekend!

Much love and thanks


12 comments:

  1. Such a generous community. Hoping they can get him feeling better. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very tender post, Lori.
    Having a special needs grandson myself, this hits close to home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful quilt and a beautiful gift. I hope little Roy is feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Typical caregiver, thinking that the quilt was for Roy!! Thanks for sharing the story and photos, Lori.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Lori for sharing such a moving and tender story.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful story and a quilt to match. Quilters are the best. Sending prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Once again you have given others a chance to serve - you are such a blessing to all of us Lori.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Quilting Comforts us and our loved ones in sad and happy times. Thanks for sharing.
    I plan to spend some time Quilting in the coming weeks that we are staying in.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Making one happy and feeling the comfort of a quilt is why we do quilt, heartwarming!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Praying for Roy and Elizabeth as they deal with this bump in the road to health. The quilting community is extremely generous with their time and talents. It's wonderful to belong to such a group.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a difficult situation. Quilts can be so comforting!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a sad situation. Such a lovely comfort quilt.

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!