Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Humble Quilt 2020 Swap Update

This was the antique little quilt I opted to copy. It was unusual!
I coffee-dyed mine although this photo looks very bright.


I really need to take this post to say we all need to be patient when
 it comes to receiving our little quilts. 

International mailing: I asked those swappers who were international if there was a problem with mailing overseas. At the time, there wasn't, now there seems to be. I know one person is waiting to mail to Italy as the flights in and out of Europe are very few. I've been waiting patiently for my little quilt to come from Australia. I have no doubt it will come  and I will be thrilled when it does.

USA mail: I know the US Postal Service is a bit overwhelmed right now with way more packages then usual. Please be patient. When you have asked me to email a recipient, I don't mind. When I don't hear back I worry someone may have fallen sick.
Let's just be patient, please.

The deadline to mail was extended to May 9th. If you haven't sent your quilt yet, please add your email so the recipient can thank you. 

If you have received a quilt and haven't had a chance to thank your partner, please do that now. 
Not everyone is on the facebook group so please don't rely on that as a thank you.

If you have sent me a photo of your little quilt I am saving it for a linky party which will likely take place at the end of May. 

Thank you all for the time and effort you've put in to making your little quilts! So many sweet quilts!!



And just for fun:
Swappers:
Italy- 1
Canada- 11
Australia- 1
Japan 1

Wisconsin- 7
Oregon- 6
Washington-5
Texas-5
MN- 3
CA-3

MD-2
ME-2
MI-2
OH-2
NC-2
MO-2
LA-2
PA-2
TN-2

and 13 other states with 1 swapper each. 


Take care friends!




12 comments:

  1. another stunning swap from the looks of them so far...as always lori!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next year I will participate again :)
    Great idea for the list !! I love to see where the quilts are from !
    Thank you !

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great representation of Quilter’s. Who could have known that the mail service would be in such a state. I hope everyone follows your advice to be patient. Those little quilts will brighten things up whenever they arrive

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your little quilt for the swap is absolutely adorable...well done! It was nice to see where the swappers are from...I am in one of the "single" states; hard for me to believe as there are quilters coming out the wazoo here in ____? lol....Blessings from WV...not a secret now. I sent you a photo of my quilt that went to Wisconsin earlier today and can send you a photo of the one I received from Alice A. if she hasn't sent you one. Thanks for hosting again...looking forward to next year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like that you added an extra row to your mini! Looking forward that link-up at the end of the month. I'm sure all participant quilts will be fun to see!

    ReplyDelete
  6. USA+1-877-846-2817 Binance not working

    Bitcoin trading has been a popular name among users and to make it successful and accessible, users like to do bitcoin trading on the Binance platform. If you don’t know how to deal with this error and you need solution from the skilled professionals who are always active around the corner and to rectify all your troubles at one time without taking much worries. Feel free to reach them anytime for quality results on Binance customer support number and get unlimited remedies from the team.
    Click for more info: https://www.cryptophonesupport.com/exchange/binance/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Over half the states represented! I also enjoy seeing how extensive this swap is. Well done Lori! Always a pleasure!

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lori, again may I say I LOVE the quilt (hey everyone, I was the lucky recipient of Lori's quilt!). Yes it is unusual in the best possible way! The color combinations are very cool. You hand quilted it making it even more special. I will treasure it! I will post about it when we do the linkup and I also show the one I made.... which is probably on the slowest boat ever to the U.S., much to my chagrin - truly hope it gets there before the end of the month but now rumors are that packages are taking months, not weeks. Gone are the days of speedy 10-14 days airmail from Tokyo.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cynthia was indeed lucky to get your quilt. It is a great representation of the original!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your little quilt!! My quilt has been received and she loves it. I have not received mine, but I am in no panic. I'm just so happy to have had this little distraction for all the chaos. Thanks so much for hosting this again. If mine arrives by the end of May I will surely link up. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Precious little quilt there that you made. I enjoy seeing what everyone makes while I sit on the sidelines just reading quilting blogs. On another note I was happy to find the local quilt shop open today and found (perhaps a Prussian Blue) that should go with any one of my antique looking quilt tops.in progress... when I ever get back to finding them hid away.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have a friend who mailed fabric to Canada over a month ago and it's still sitting in the post office, since no planes are flying international. The post office is considering sending it ground, but still hasn't done that, either. I'm sure everyone's wait will be appreciated when those little quilts finally arrive at their destinations.

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!