Friday, July 17, 2020

Central Oregon Flora

I shared Fauna earlier this week, and I was spraying my flowers with stinky deterrent to keep the fawns from snacking too much and thought I'd share what's in bloom around my house. It's a mixed bag- kind of like my quilts. 
I was also playing with the "portrait" setting on my iphone.  
 These self seed and grow like weeds. 

I have lavender, lavender, lavender. Deer proof and spreads like crazy!



 I have an area out front with a variety of wildflowers, including Ratibida Columnifera known as Mexican Hat.
Such a charming sweet flower.


Peekaboo!


Saw this little guy too.











 I rec'd this adorable bag from Liz. I love everything about it and will use it so much! Thank you Liz.
Her swap partner disappeared. It's the first  time this has happened in the Humble Quilt swap, so I made a quilt and sent it to her.
Such a cute label!@!

(Do you notice her last name is the same as the Buhl Bushong quilt I'm making???!!) 

I have been falling behind on responding to emails. Please forgive me! 
You all have a wonderful and safe weekend!




16 comments:

  1. So many beautiful flowers in your yard! I especially like the Mexican Hat which I've never seen before. Pretty patchwork bag and I can't believe her last name is the same as the quilt you are making!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lovely flowers! That little bag is so sweet. It is so funny that her name is the same as the quilt you are working on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No wonder you made such beautiful quilts, with your garden as inspiration. I depend on neighbors garden!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many beautiful flowers and in deer country! What kind of deterrent do you use? Thanks for the photos and love the little bag.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What I'm using is Liquid Fence- deer and rabbit repellent

      Delete
  5. Beautiful photos, Lori. I have those white daisies too, they do spread but I love them. I did not know lavendar could spread! I can barely get mine to grow this year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They had a fund raiser at church by selling plants of black eyed susans. Set in the ground today. Such a happy flower! thanks for the garden tour~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Darling bag! Your garden is gorgeous, glad the deer didn't eat your flowers. I planted Mexican Hat seeds last week, they finally arrived. I hope they grow and reseed. If not maybe you can send me a few seed heads in the fall?

    lizzy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful flowers for sure. Oh that was nice of you to send a quilt to Liz, and for her to send the bag. Quilters are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great photos and flowers. I love the bokeh blurred background effect. The little bag is really pretty. So sad that a swap partner disappeared.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh how I love love love flowers! Sounds like I need to plant more lavender! :-) Cute little bag too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have such a beautiful variety of flowers around your house! Some of course, I have never seen or heard of before. The little Mexican Hat is very unusual, but so cute! Love your little patchwork bag...that was such a thoughtful gift from Liz! Take care and have a wonderful weekend, Lori!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your flowers are all so lovely. Thank you for sharing. I love lavender. And, your little bag is such a nice gift from Liz!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes, I noticed, she must come from a family of quilters.....:)
    Your garden is lovely with so many flowers blooming.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your flowers are gorgeous! you have a very green thumb

    ReplyDelete
  15. What beautiful flowers you have! Your lavender looks so healthy! I have a question about lavender. Do you trim the plants down or not? If you do trim do you do it in the fall or spring? I have 6 lavender plants.

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!