Friday, August 28, 2020

Antique Quilt Redo

I found pieces and strips of this quilt in an antique store. 


So I bought it and then took it apart patch by patch. I then asked friends to search their stash for similar fabric on the patches that couldn't be re-used. 
It is such a sweet quilt and I wonder about the maker and the wonderful variety of fabrics he or she used. 

Its hard to tell which fabrics are new and which are old. 
That is why it is important to label your quilt with the current date and maybe short sentence about its history. 


 I love overall baptist fan quilting and you'll see it used a lot on my quilts. 


Thanks for your input on my video! I hope you all will be able to see one of my presentations soon! 


Much Love


13 comments:

  1. I love how you re-made (is that a word? ) this --I cannot tell which are old and which are new fabrics--super job--
    This is really a neat quilt great colors...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful way to preserve someone's work. I love doing that too. I always hope the quilter would be pleased and happy that their piece was finally finished. The quilt's a wonderful collection of fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous quilt! It could be your String-along 2020 encore!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a great story! It’s a wonderful quilt with such great fabrics. I love all the red and blue :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your re-do quilt,great idea to use up all our small scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful quilt. I think it's great that you rescued an oldie and turned it into something new. If only we could rescue all the forgotten handiwork all over the world. We would be kept so busy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful quilt. I’m glad that you rescued it! What is the size? Love Baptist fan!

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a great re-do. Love the scrappiness and mix.
    yay for fans!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a Jan Patek pattern book out today that has a very similar version quilt design like your antique re-do.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The quilt turned out wonderful! Some of those fabrics look like early 1900's. I have a stash of vintage fabrics and they always come in hand when doing repairs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great re-do! I too love the fan quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely quilt, simple with a great mix of fabrics.

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!