Wednesday, September 2, 2020

Make it "A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood"


I read Janet's post HERE and thought it was so timely. Let's spread some neighborhood love!
It really is up to each one of us to make a difference however we can in the world. Let's stop judging each other & putting each other down. 
Let's spread some LOVE!
I'm committing to being proactive about it. Will you join us? Let's make it a movement. 



Around my house today... 




I'm so thankful for plants that pretty much take care of themselves!! I used to be more of a gardener, now I'd rather not. 
Central Oregon has gone crazy for people moving in. We are in an area with 2 acre lots and 2 more homes are going up. (check out the beautiful blue skies!) 

And one more. 

You wouldn't know there was a pandemic if you were driving in Central Oregon. The traffic has never been heavier, with several fatalities this past month. With some schools in, and some schools not I'm not sure that will change after the Labor day weekend.

Stay well my friends


 

10 comments:

  1. Your flowers are beautiful. Mine have given up with the heat and wind we've had. You've given some good advice here. It's time for love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Janet's and your sentiments 100 percent. America needs a change of heart. Love your late summer flowers, how I miss the billowy clouds of provoking we had in the gardens when we lived in Oregon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post. This occurred to me a couple months ago but I didn't know what to do since almost all our neighbors have sold to developers and left. Since I had a huge stash of fall fabric, I made 'fall theme' lap quilts and gave them to people we know but don't often see....especially now. Gifted 9 quilts (the pattern was a 9 patch alternating with a plain block 42 x 70). The 9 patches were made up of 2 1/2" squares. The quilts went together unbelievably fast and I was able to use backing that was in my quilt room.....yes, I have too much fabric. It felt incredibly good to gift them and the recipients were so pleased. I received roses, a wood sign, magazines, and organic coffee in return!! Patty McDonald

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your nature photos certainly brought a smile to my face, Lori. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that you are focusing on sharing the LOVE. We definitely need more of it today. Your photos are lovely. Love all that blue sky. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great post, Lori. You have a large following and I know many are influenced by your thoughtful spirit.
    I love your house quilt and the MLK quotation!
    I also love flowers that take care of themselves. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. We definitely have noticed a change in traffic flow on the Oregon Coast .. was so light in the beginning of the pandemic but now it's back to craziness. We are pretty much self-quarantined and rarely out but such a difference. I loved this post and the lovely house quilt and thoughts. That is q great MLK quote. Thank you for sharing the wonderful words and thoughts with us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah, your beautiful blue skies! We awoke to a smoky brownish tinged sky today. Love your thoughts, and quilt. Really enjoy your blog.

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!