Monday, December 21, 2020

Anniversary Quilt Update

I have the bottom border of Jan Patek's anniversary quilt appliqued and attached! There are a couple of gaps that I will likely fill in with more applique. 

The little log cabin was fun to do and so cute! I'm doing most of the applique in black thread to keep the primitive feel. 

I am the coordinator for our church's Angel Tree program. Els, Cory and I finished delivering presents this weekend. 

After that was complete we made it out for a short hike. We don't have snow in our area yet, and none in the forecast for Christmas, but the weather is supposed to get cold again. 

Have a great week anticipating Christmas and the reason for the season. 

Much love




 

12 comments:

  1. Love the border--looking so beautiful..the Coxcombs are my favorite...
    Have a wonder filled holiday Hugs from icey SE CT Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice applique! Happy Holidays to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes blogger eats my comments. They just disappear before my eyes. Just happened again. I will try once more--take two!
    I really like the look of the black stitching on the applique. I have a top from the 30s that was done that way.
    I am not at all surprised that you coordinated the angel tree program. Sounds right in line with who you are.
    Glad you could get out and enjoy a hike.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks fabulous. I’m surprised your area doesn’t have snow. Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Anniversary Quilt is perfectly Prim. The fabrics are wonderful & I especially love the log cabin. No surprise that you are an Angel on earth.😇 Blessings to you & your loved ones. Have a wonderful, safe, Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely. Merry Christmas to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely. Merry Christmas to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  8. that is one thing i miss about not having a home church....participating in angel tree...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your applique quilt. Love all the details. Have a safe and healthy Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Cheers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your quilt is looking great.
    gorgeous scenery and selfie!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a great quilt. Nice to do angel tree - I'm sure there's a greater need than ever this year. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!