Monday, March 29, 2021

Motley Monday

I got a little of this and that today. 


Here's a sneak peak of the anniversary quilt! It's going to take me a bit to get the binding applied. Sharon Tucker did a great job! Thank you Sharon! If you are looking for a quilter on the west coast Sharon is in WA and I highly recommend her. She is great at communicating before she gets started on your quilt. Check her out at Grass Roots Quilting. 

Anybody notice a problem with this binding?  Ugh! I did several seams this way!!

We have over 50 swappers! (there is room for more!)  I'm close to finishing my hand quilting on my swap quilt so decided to cut my binding and made a label since I was doing it for my anniversary quilt.

My daughter brought her corgi pup with her to visit. He is about 1 year old. He and Elsa had a great time together. Here they are relaxing in the shade after doing crazy laps around the yard. 

I hope ya'll are doing great! Let's make it a terrific week.



 

6 comments:

  1. That is a sweet peek at the anniversary quilt.
    The binding--been there, done that. You'd think after all these years it would be a mistake we wouldn't make anymore--but no. It happens when you least suspect it.
    Still perusing ideas for my swap quilt. Getting excited to get going on it.
    That is such a great photo of the dogs. They look like they were just waiting to have a photo taken. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Anniversary quilt looks great! Sharon works very fast,such a thrill when thhhhhhe quilt comes back from the quilter.

    If that's the backing of your swap quilt, it looks very modern? LOL.

    I bet Elsa enjoyed having a friend again. Darling corgi! He is a BIG guy. Sweet friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your sneak peak on your anniversary quilt - happy couple. Pups look so cute relaxing together. LOL it actually took me a few seconds to spot your binding mistake - ya I have done that. I'm not going to swap this year... maybe next time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your anniversary quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Been quilting 30+ years and still have to ponder joining binding atrips!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I learned in a guild class that if you think of the inside corner as the crotch of a pair of jeans - no one wants to sew into the crotch!

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!