Monday, August 30, 2021

2021 QuiltALong coming soon!

I put a shout out last week on my Facebook group (Humble Quilts) for the name of this years quiltalong.

Land That I Love 
is what I chose. Mary Thom suggested it! Whoop! Whoop! So many great suggestions.

And it can be representative of any country so it isn't exclusively an American name. 
Got my binding on. This is how I usually attach my labels.


Binding sewn and quilt completed!

I told you I was going on a backpacking adventure with hubby (turned out EPIC!) but before that my son and I went on a hike last Wednesday.  I had a special permit but then we went to the wrong trailhead! lol It was still cool, but in a volcano kind of way!
If you haven't heard Oregon is on fire. My town has been spared the brunt of smoke days, which I am super happy for. We ended up climbing this volcanic cone on a smoky afternoon.

In the background hazy Sisters peaks as part of the Cascade range.
 Four in One Cone tops out at 6211' elevation. 


We stopped here on our way back. It is called Dee Wright Observatory and is quite a feat! It was built by the Civilian Conservation Corps in the 1930's. If you are interested here is a link- HERE

Let's make it a great week!




 

10 comments:

  1. I want to come and hike with you...how lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Land that I Love is a wonderful title and theme!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to your quilt along.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cool adventure! I love your pictures! You have the great sewalongs! Looking forward to stitching with you! Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope the fires have settled down...... That's Observatory is pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. is that the cone just north of Sun River?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing mountains! I'm in awe. My dad was in the CCC's when he was young before joining the Army. He loved it, growing up near Boston it was quite a change to be working in the mountains of Vermont. Jan in MA

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!