Friday, October 22, 2021

Aurora Colony Quilts

There were quite a few quilts at the Auroroa Colony quilt show which made less room for the colony quilts.. I always enjoy seeing them, but I think it was good they had so many current quilts entered. 
Here is one of the Colony quilts. I took this in a past show. 

They had it displayed in a small case behind glass this year. Such a sweet bird!

Here's another one with classic colors- poison green, double pink and mourning purples. 


Several of the Colony quilts have this awesome quilting. 


 They had their little store this year and I picked up a few goodies. 

Have a wonderful weekend! 

8 comments:

  1. More and more, I admire hand quilting - especially when it's so well done. Beautiful! Also, love your new treasures:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Especially the deep orange and blue-orange plaid, and the quilting is exquisite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the quilt in the 1st picture thank you for showing the whole quilt

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that applique' border - sweet bird indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like that 1st quilt, too! Must be the birds :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That Colony quilt is fascinating. Makes me think of Christmas trees.
    Always fun to do a little fabric shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many beautiful old quilts. I also admire hand stitching and quilting. Lovely fabrics you picked up too.

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!