Friday, November 19, 2021

Potluck and Uptown

Gay Bomers at Sentimental Stitches is at it again! 
She has 2 amazing BOM's coming up in 2022. 
I have done many of her blocks of the month based on antique quilts she owns and I'll say she does an AMAZING and accurate job of reproducing them!

It is going to be done a little differently this time. Instead of free for a month she has a one-time fee up front and that pays for the entire quilt patterns. 
I haven't heard from Gay specifically but I think people are sharing patterns and taking advantage of her expertise. She has found a good middle ground. 




I have signed up to do do Uptown! It's so chunky and folk arty that it is right up my alley!

  •  21 different applique quilt blocks!
  • For 20 months beginning January 2022
  • 77" x 96" quilt.  I might add a border so I have a queen size quilt for my bed!
  • Perfect for hand or machine applique
  • Perfect for wool applique too!!!
  • Receive 1 full-size applique block pattern via email on the 1st Friday of each month beginning January 7, 2022
  • One time fee for the entire 20-month project
  • (Supply list emailed after sign up)
The link for all the info is HERE. 


Here is Potluck! A smashing 30's sampler that will be a block of the WEEK!

The link for more info or to order is HERE

  • I’ll be providing you with a pattern via email each week. We'll be using whatever technique will be the easiest method of construction.
  • If we have a difficult block one week, I’ll follow with an easier one or one of the unique quilting designs used in the quilt. That’s how we’ll get to our 52 weeks.
  • color photo of each block will be included with your patterns.
  • One-time fee for the entire year
  • Starts the first Friday in January
  • Supply list will be sent via email after sign-up

Thank you Gay and thank you Humble Quilt readers for supporting our quilt designers!


We had a little action last night at our business! All is fine, but couldn't help but snap a couple of photos of our amazing volunteer fire department!

Have a wonderful weekend!





 

10 comments:

  1. I'm glad Gay has found a way to do her quilts and still get paid for her work. Loved the 'chunky and funky' one too. It's soooo intriguing!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad everything is cool your way. We thank our heroes everyday, don't we? I've signed up for Uptown also. It is such a beautiful quilt!! Looking forward to January 2022!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fire department AT your business? Yikes! Hope everything is OK!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am happy that your business is fine but who needs any more adventure these days? And thanks for posting about the block of the month. I am all for supporting designers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am signed up for Potluck - just couldn't resist! Looks fun and challenging.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have signed too for Uptown ! I can't wait !!

    ReplyDelete
  7. When Gay came to our Dear Jane retreat up in northern Indiana, I always sat next to her. We had a lot of fun, and she always had several ideas in the works. Did you do her Sally Post quilt? I found my blocks the other day and should finish them. She definitely has great quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I used to sit with Gay at our Dear Jane retreat up in northern Indiana. We always had fun, and she always had several ideas in the works Did you do her Sally Post quilt? I found my blocks the other day and should work on them. She definitely has some great quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like both of these and will do at least one ... Hmmm What to start with!! Prices are more than fair ... Thank you for the info!!

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!