Monday, November 22, 2021

Wee Little Quilt

This little quilt used to be a much  bigger quilt, but as quilts do, they wear out and get loved to pieces. So it was made into this little dolly quilt. 

Each patch measures a little less than an inch. It's likely that it was to finish at 1" but has shrunk over time. Love the bits of cheddar. 

And that black!!


 
Our weather has been cold, but look how pretty this day was! I hope you saw my video on Instagram. You could see so many mountains that I'm surrounded by. 

As I prepare to host Thanksgiving dinner and company at my house, I realize how much I have to be thankful for, including all of you!

Let's make it a fantastic week!


14 comments:

  1. Happy thanksgiving to you and all those around your table!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A doll quilt is a wonderful way of preserving what is left of a well-loved quilt. In looking more closely at your beautiful view, I spy a snow covered peak in the far background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet little quilt. And I am thankful for you and all the bloggers that share tips & tricks and bits of themselves. Happy Thanksgiving, Lori.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH what a darling little quilt...perfect! You look full of joy, and Happy Thanksgiving to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know you have a grateful heart, Lori, and you will enjoy Thanksgiving with loved ones and friends.
    That is a very sweet doll quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lori,
    Love Dollie Quilts!!!! Those are very loved pieces! :) That bottom picture sure looks like 'home' homesick comes in waves sometimes.... Blessing to you and all you celebrate with this Thanksgiving... so much to be thankful for! <3 <3 <3
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great way to save a "memory" of a larger quilt! Perhaps there were many such made from that original quilt? Like for each granddaughter? Have a wonderful and happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhh what a beautiful little quilt !
    Happy Thanksgiving with your family Lori !!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super sweet way to preserve an ailing quilt, Lori!

    ReplyDelete
  10. sweet humble quilt~ Happy Thanksgiving

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, a perfect way to preserve some of the goodness of the larger quilt! Happy Thanksgiving to you too!:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You're a blessing to us. Thank you for sharing
    with us.

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!