Friday, February 25, 2022

Cousin's Walk Bird Sampler


I thought I better move forward with the applique border of the Cousin's Walk bird sampler. 
It is big!


I oversized the triangles, so needed to trim first. 

It certainly will not look like the original quilt, but I guess that is what will make it uniquely mine. It seems I ended up with extra flowers, leaves and buds. 

 
As a reminder here is my center. 

Here is the antique. 
I need to start stitching the top and bottom borders. I am machine appliqueing. 


I'm off to Las Vegas!
The kids (hahaha adult kids) and I are running the Rock N Roll series!
Cory is our spectator and cheerleader!

Saturday night starting and ending on Freemont street Rene and I are running a 5K. 

Sunday night the strip streets will be closed and Rene is running the 10K (covid took some training time away boo-hoo) and Ken and I are running the half marathon. It should be fun!

My last half marathon was in September 2018. I'm doing it as a way to usher in my 60th birth-year. I'll have fun, take photos and celebrate!

See ya next week!




5 comments:

  1. Your border is awesome. Good luck on your run!🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to Three-Score! I'm Three-score and 11, so howdy, youngster. That is going to be a beautiful BEAUTIFUL quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. Beautiful borders <3 Sounds like you've got a full dance card, so glad to see people going out and being strong! Hope you have a great time.

    Before the weekend is over, I hope to have some cutting done. Fabrics have been acquired and it's time for me to cut them up! Loving this Antique Block Challenge. Planning carefully for the May finish! :)

    60???? darn kids anyways! LOL

    Blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your quilt is looking incredible, Lori! And where is the fun in having a quilt that looks the same as hundreds of others? Patterns are great suggestions, I think. :)
    Kudos to you for getting out and doing something cool for 60! I planned to hike the mountain outside my sewing room window when I turned 60--it would be my 4th time. But I developed foot trouble that year and it has never stopped. So much for my celebration. I hope yours is grand. Looks pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your border is looking fantastic! So much fun to make it just a little bit unique.:)

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!