Friday, April 29, 2022

Limerick.... And Parsonsfield


When I think of Limerick I'll now think of this charming little town in Maine instead of something like this by Edward Lear:
There was an Old Man with a beard
Who said, "It is just as I feared!
Two Owls and a Hen,
Four Larks and a Wren,
Have all built their nests in my beard!"


This was the sweetest little shop in Limerick with friendly employees and owner.


On our way to Parsonsfield we laughed at this little decorative fence. We weren't sure it would even keep a tiny Chihuahua in the yard, It sure is cute though, isn't it?

I have more quilts of Paula's to share. She had a lot of antique quilts, but today's post shares her new ones. She is so creative!







Country Roads was one of my quiltalongs. Paula has an eye to use these terrific stripes in so many of her projects.




Thank you Paula for such an amazing array of quilts you shared with Laurie and I. 
I had family in town last weekend.
I think this was the first time all of my siblings has been together since my mom's death. 

Cousins together too!

Have an amazing weekend!

 


10 comments:

  1. oh yes it is a teeny tiny shop....very cute tho....i think there is a lovely tea room in limerick as well...gorgeous vintage quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Such gorgeous quilts! Thank you, Paula, for allowing Lori to share these with us. So very inspirational -- the patterns, the quilting, the colors! Wow! "Family" is best. Fabulous that you could all spend time together. Moments to be cherished!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful quilts. Nice to have your family all together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There once was a gal from Lenore
    Whose mouth was as wide as a door
    While attempting to grin
    She slipped and fell in
    and lay inside out on the floor.
    8-))))

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun to have family visiting! Thanks for sharing Paula's quilts. She is such a talented quilter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, that was a quilt shop I didn't hear about when I was in Maine last year. Looks very sweet!
    Thanks for the close-ups of the beautiful quilts.
    So good when family comes together. I am pretty spoiled in that way. I live within 10 miles of all of my siblings.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those quilts made me gasp! Especially the Mariner's compass one. Thank you for sharing. It does seem as we get older that our families meet up at funerals. My mother-in-law passed in January and we had 2 get togethers, in different parts of the country, so that all the cousins and kids could get to at least one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for the pictures Lori ! The quilts are beautiful ! The Mariner's compass is... oh là là !! :)))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Limerick, ME ❤ you were about 50 miles from me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. great quilts and how nice to get together with family. I have always wanted to make that hat and heart quilt.

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!