Friday, April 15, 2022

Busy Thimble

If I was going to have a quilt shop, I'd want it to look just like this! 
It was a little rainy heading from Portland to Litchfield for our appointment to shop at Cyndi's quilt shop. 

The link to Cyndi's blog- HERE.

Filled with lots of quilts and almost exclusively reproduction fabric!

Cyndy's potholder quilt! Amazing reproduction.


Oh yes! 



Here is Cascadia, one of my quiltalongs. 



So simple but effective and so sweet!

Wendy, of The Constant Quilt blog, came to visit as well! I was as thrilled as I could be being able to meet her in person. We've known each other online for several years now. We just grabbed a couple of cute quilts to hold- we had lots of choices!

We shopped for about 2 hours and it was finally time to say goodbye and give Cyndi a hug!
She is retiring at some point. I'll try and use up some of that fabric I bought and maybe I'll be able to make a return trip while she is still open! XOXO

We made sure to leave Portland in plenty of time to NOT be late. This  old cemetery was nearby Cyndi's and we were a bit early so we wandered around a bit and and wondered  who these people were and why it seemed to be a forgotten cemetery. 


Incredible- Born 1776 and lived 91 years! Oh the stories John Ranks could likely tell! According to Ancestry.com he was born in Yorkshire, England. 
Here he is! Ancestry also says he had 20 children!  Holy Smokes!



I loved the urn and tree decor on this one. 


If anyone is near McMinnville Oregon on Monday I am presenting a trunk show and doing a string quilt workshop! Send me an email if you'd like more details. HumbleQuilts@gmail.com

We woke up to this pretty scene yesterday morning. 

The sun was shining and it melted pretty fast. Look at the lovely blue sky!


Have an amazing weekend!



 

12 comments:

  1. What a fabulous trip, Lori, one I hope to make myself one day. I could live and die in that quilt shop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your posts a feast for the eyes, yes I could easily live in that house/shop in the middle of the woods! Love that Housetop quilt too. Thanks for sharing all the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cyndi and her shop are the best--and to have Wendy there too makes it extra special! I'll bet it was fun to see one of your own SAL quilts there! I so wish that shop was closer to home, but it is well worth a trip across the country. Looks like you had a great experience there!
    I love old cemeteries. On our trip to Maine and Massachusetts last summer I think we visited 7 of them, but family history was one of the purposes of the trip.
    We have been having snowy weather all week. It is snowing right now, but it is mixed with rain, so it isn't building up.
    Have you got Ruth Janssen coming to your show? I know she is in the Mcminnville area.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would SO LOVE to go to Cindi’s shop - full of treasure and inspiration. How wonderful to meet Wendy as well! I enjoyed your cemetery pictures too - so interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was great to finally meet you in person! I must have been excited because I didn't take one photo! So glad you had a good time. Cyndi's is indeed a spectacular place and she is a very special person!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thhe shop is fabulous n=inside and so charming on the outside. Very special.

    My parents' ashes were buried in an ancient cemetery like that, overlooking Nauset Beach on Cape Cod. Windswept and desolate, there 1800s church was the same congregation as the original Pilgrims. So much history in those now unreadable stones. I hope my parents are happy there....

    ReplyDelete
  7. so sorry i just missed you...i was there friday afternoon....oh i do love her shop and all her beautiful projects...sorry to see her retire but glad she will have more time to sew and for her beautiful family...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great shop and I love old cemeteries!

    ReplyDelete
  9. great photos of Cyndi's I hope to make it there this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love her shop and the gravestone information is very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wendy Caton Reed, when will you publish a Pot Holder quilt book? I became interested in them after seeing the Civil War Era one at the Brick Store Museum in Kennebunk, ME. years ago, but didn't realize what is was until I saw yours on your Constant Quilter blog and you explained them. I do hope you'll publish one. vbg Is Cyndy's pot holder quilt full size or is it a mini of the one in the photo below it? Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!