Monday, May 30, 2022

Humble Quilt Antique Block Challenge Linky Party

Here we are at the end of our antique block challenge! If you have sent me photos I have added them right on the blog post. If you want to add them to the linky that is great! Or feel free to send me a photos at humblequilts@gmail.com and I can add them to the link.

The 2 center blocks were my antique blocks. I did coffee-stain to age it a little. 

Here is a lovely print I used on the back. 

Quilt block challenge quilt 2 I made using all antique fabric. (except the binding)  The center is the block I started with. 

The backing is a sugar or flour sack. I quilted it with black thread. 




This is Lani's quilt.  I love it!

Here is the block I sent her. 

And used that Lancaster blue for the label- perfect!

Here is the block I sent Marilyn- what a wreck! lol

Marilyn worked some magic and now has this beauty! I had to look back and forth a few times to see where she used the fabric. Great job!

Paula had the center log cabins and worked her magic as well! I would have never thought to sue that border print, but it works so well!

Susan V had an antique house block and the 4, 9, and 16 patches. She used them all so effectively to make a very cohesive quilt. You cannot see it in this photo but she quilted a little dog in the house window! Nice touch!

My friend Laurie is a wizard at using antique blocks and fabric to make quilts. This is her charmer. 

And here is another one of hers. Love that border!!!

Thank you to everyone who sewed along on this fun challenge. 
I feel like we honor the quilters before us when we use an orphan block or two that they created. So much better than sitting in a drawer unseen!


 

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

10 comments:

  1. These are all fabulous! I loved making mine. Thanks for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful work! Reclaimed beauties, all of them!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are wonderful little quilts. So fun to see the starting blocks and the finished little quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love seeing these creations, and I had a lot of fun making mine. I need to get my blog post written tonight and get it linked! A wonderful challenge, Lori!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love each one. Super creative!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are your Pussmin the Corner blocks in your darling quilts ones I gave you? The fabric looks familiar. I had NO idea they could look so cute. You are an expert. //I am noticing most makers took apart their blocks and resewed to perfection---I just couldn't, and chopped points etc instaed. So fun to see all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Puss-in-the-Corner" "instead", sorry typos..

      Delete
  7. it is fun to see everyone's, I wish I saw the before for each of them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. All of them are wonderful. It was a fun challenge! Marsha

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!