Friday, May 6, 2022

Parsonsfield Antique Quilts- yes more!

Nope, I just cannot get enough of antique quilts! Paula has been a collector for years and it was so wonderful to see her collection. 



I'm feeling the urge for another string quilt! - graphic red and blue!!


Lovely double pinks!!




Such a fun quilt motif!




An oldie similar to my Steppin Out quilt!

What darling fabrics from the 30's!!


If you have signed up for the basket class you have received a Zoom link and the recording of the interview with Jody, the editor of American Patchwork and Quilting.  If you cannot make it on Tuesday I will be recording it, but you still need to sign up. Please venmo or Paypal $10 to Humblequilts@gmail.com or send me an email if you have questions!

I did a little wildflower chasing this week! I'll leave you with a couple of photos. Have a terrific weekend!






 

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for all the antique quilt eye candy! I'm inspired by that red and blue string star too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The wildflowers are so joyful. As are these beautiful quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you know the size of the string stars? I've been wanting to make one! Love the lupine already in bloom. Ah, hand quilted beautiful quilts, nothing like the feel of hand quilted quilts! Machine done does not have the comfort feeling of hand quilted dimples!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love antique quilts and these are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yeah, those are dandies. I too love the oldies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a treat to feast the eyes on these lovely vintage quilts. So many beauties!!
    And to finish up with wildflowers--just a delightful post, Lori!
    For any sitting on the fence about your class--to me the interview with Jody was worth $10 all by itself. And we get a class with you on top of that! Win, win!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What mountain top is in the last picture????

    ReplyDelete
  8. oooh string stars in red and blue...you got me! beautiful quilts but that one is a stunner...

    ReplyDelete
  9. QuiltGranma, The String Stars were given to me by a friend eons ago, minus the red background, when set into the red the finished size of the blocks is 20" sq.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful. We can make all of the quilts we want, and they will be treasured in future generations, but it's just not the same as seeing these vintage quilts that have stories behind them. I absolutely love the string star quilt. Great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!