Friday, June 10, 2022

Historic Quilt Panel Challenge- GO!

This is the panel I will be using for my challenge quilt. 

Below are a few of the panels I've had or I still have. Most are war or USA related. That doesn't mean yours has to be. Maybe you have a Hewson floral panel. click HERE to see. I feel like that is historic. This is for FUN! You make the rules that fit you and your quilting style. 










Here's a quilt I designed with a George Washington panel.


I've started a Pinterest board for inspiration! Panels and quilts. Access it HERE.  I was trying to make it as a collaboration board, but I'm not sure I did it right. You may be able to ask my permission to add pins- that's what I'd like. Maybe HERE

We have 6 months to complete the challenge. Due to be completed the end of November. 

Weather is all over the place this weekend! So much rain in the desert this year!

PS, I'm having a fundraiser book sale on Monday! This will be to help support my fall mission trip to Dominican Republic. My husband is coming this time!! 


9 comments:

  1. Love that george wa panel. Maybe should have done this one! Enjoy your weekend

    ReplyDelete
  2. The one with the ships. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll get looking for a suitable Panel! Thanks for the Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the inspiration! Love what you did with the George Washington panel!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job on the George Washington panel! This will be interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I dug my panels out today. Don’t have many, but I do have the George W. panel, and a couple of others. I have a Di Ford floral panel, but don’t know if it is considered historic. I may just use George. This is Janet O., BTW. My computer is at the doctor and my iPad is being finicky about letting me sign into my Google account. It is hit and miss.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your GW quilts are beautiful, Lori! I have a couple civil war panels, both of confederate generals. I’m not motivated to do anything with these. Can I send them to you?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all the quilts, but the one you did is brilliant! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!