Monday, June 6, 2022

Monday Funday!

 Good Monday morning friends!!

***I'll start right off with the winner of the basket mugrug. Thank you to all who wanted it! 

She wrote: "I would love to have that little basket block reside at my house." Thank you for all your sharing. Marg

Marg has been contacted. Thank you to all who entered.


*** I think I will wait to start Quilters Bootcamp. Thank you to those who are interested. I WILL be doing it but am feeling fairly distracted this month and I'd like to be able to give it, and you my complete attention. 

****


I will be presenting "Reruns: Quilts Inspired by the Past" to The Applique Society via Zoom on Saturday June 18th 2oclock EASTERN time. 
. If you are a member, I hope to see you there! And if you aren't a member, now may be a great time to join! Check it out HERE


The election of 1864 presented voters with one of the most significant decisions in the nation’s history. A vote for Abraham Lincoln supported continuation of the war effort, while a vote for General George B. McClellan backed a negotiated peace that would accept and protect slavery in the South. The clasped hands and waving flags in the corners of this kerchief symbolize Lincoln’s promise of a unified nation, and subtly invoke Lincoln’s anti-slavery goals. The same clasped hands appeared on a widely-circulated token issued by the American Anti-Slavery Society as early as 1840. The kerchief’s central image of Lincoln is after the well-known photographic portrait by Mathew Brady.

This is antique and so beautiful! Are you getting ideas for your historical panel challenge?

I'll be talking more about that later this week. For now, have a great day!


6 comments:

  1. I am a member of TAS and looking forward to seeing your presentation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That panel is gorgeous. It looks like a historic textile, a campaign bandana even. Is it a repro?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would enjoy seeing your presentation, but don't think I will ever be a member of the appliqué society. :)
    Love that kerchief! Is it yours, or do you just have a photo of it?
    Did I miss something about an historic panel challenge, or have I just forgotten? I will search for it on your blog and see what I find.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun! I am a member and I will be sure to Zoom in on the 18th!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't know you were a member of TAS. Did you see my talk in February? I might have to watch your recording, but I hope to catch it live. Great panel!

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!