Monday, July 18, 2022

Beach Cities

I had a fantastic time with the Beach Cities Quilters Guild in Mission Viejo! I'm so thrilled to be meeting in person! Zoom works and we will always have it for those who may not be able to attend meetings in person, but there's nothing like the "real" deal!

I was so impressed with their philanthropy. Such a generous group! The photo above shows the previous months quilts. 

Show and Tell is always fun. 

This is the guild president Jennifer who treasures the quilt her mom made. 

VP and my driver, Keri,  to and from the show and back to the airport. I LOVE the faded flag quilt!

I may have never mentioned on my blog, but I used to be a big horse person. I thought this was wonderful.

My view in Oregon  the morning I was heading to the airport. So beautiful. 

This is a kindred spirit, Jeanie. She picked me up from the airport and after we got my bags to my room took me to her her favorite beach! It is called Crystal Cove State Park. We weren't prepared for the beach, but that was okay. It was a lovely 73 degrees. 



Super relaxed vibes with families enjoying the midweek afternoon,

They are restoring beach cottages from the 1930's and there was no way I could actually capture the charm of them! This cottage was used in the filming of the movie Beaches. (and a few more you can see from the poster above) 

The morning after I arrived back home I hit the trails. I love the old growth forests!



And then I made my son home made chicken and dumplings. He has been down for 5 solid days with covid. This is the least a momma can do. We brought that to him yesterday and he let me know it was 100% the soup that made him start feeling better. 

It was a whirlwind, but really wonderful.

I will be back in the same area August 8 with the Flying Geese quilt guild in  Irvine CA. If you are nearby please drop in!

I'd love it if you would recommend me to your quilt group or guild! I'm booking into 2024 right now, but have plenty of dates to visit between now and then. 


 

5 comments:

  1. I heard through the grapevine that you will be coming to our quilt guild in Coeur d'Alene. I'm looking forward to meeting you and hearing you lecture. I'm sure it will be wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too love the faded flag quilt. Hoping Kenny starts feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like you had a great visit! The horse quilt is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many pretty quilts. That horses quilt is quite amazing. Praying your son is well very soon.

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!