Friday, July 15, 2022

Teacher Quilts

I'm starting with a few of Sujata's quilts. She is inspirational, humble and such a fun teacher. Her style is freeform and organic. I love that! We haven't seen each other for some time and she had the biggest smile and hug for me. She has a big heart that I love so much.


Click to enlarge




Sujata's baskets inspired by Gwen Marston.

Heidi Parkes has some interesting quilts. I like them a lot.








Maria Shell's quilts are recognizable. I took a class with her in Houston and do not consider her quilts freeform and organic. She chooses colors very carefully and it takes an agonizing amount of time. (In my opinion) I'm not sure the one of the far right is hers. 

Freddy Moran's "Face the Year" 

This may have been made by local quilter Tonye. I love it!

I hope you have an amazing and enjoyable weekend!


7 comments:

  1. Loved the mini quilt show today. In particular, I like "A Breath Has Four Parts". I think that was the name of it. These eyes don't work as good as they used to even when I clicked to enlarge! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing all these fabulous quilts with us this week. It's always such a treat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing those beautiful quilts of the Sister's Quilt show. I visited the town twice but unfortunatly not during the Quilt show. It is stil on my wishlist though......:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful quilts, what inspiration!!!! Thanks for posting them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are inspirational quilts for sure. Thanks for sharing these with those of us who can't make it to the show.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Me encanta cada quilt por su imaginaciĆ³n y elaboraciĆ³n, enhorabuena a las chicas
    Besos

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!