Monday, July 11, 2022

Welcome to Sisters Quilt Show!

I'm happy to share a few quilts with you from the show on Saturday-mostly the highlights of my day. There are so many modern styles with less and less traditional so that's what I'll be sharing. 

Not a quilt but a mural on the side of a bathroom.

This is Linda and her quilt. Please read the tag below. We chatted for some time and she got teary! She had never been to this show and never had a quilt hanging in it. She now lives in AZ. There is something very special about having a quilt in this show. There are ribbons for everyone and it is not judged. I love that they encourage new and experienced quilters to enter. 


We had lunch at the park, then went through the teacher quilt area. Many of you have likely seen this photo on my Instagram page, but it is one of my favorites! Jean Wells (Stitchin Post and quilt show creator 47 years ago!) driving Freddy Moran slowly through the teacher quilts. The shirts, the hats, the carts was so precious!


Here is my friend, Sue's quilt, which is in the traveling Princess Diana Cherrywood quilt challenge! I'm so glad she told me to look for it.

Employee challenge quilts hanging on the Stitchin' post wall. It's a yearly iconic photo!

Ya'll know I'm a traditionists, but I really loved this next quilt!

It was graphic and delightful!









I hope you enjoyed a few of my favorite picks!

 

11 comments:

  1. These are terrific. What a sunny cheerful show. I would love to know more about the lady who moved 2000 miles away for a fresh start!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the fun Quilts you have shared. I wanted to go but other plans were made for the weekend before I could make my plan. Sew fun to see the golf cart carrying the icons of Sisters. I saw you in the Jail too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing some highlights. This quilt show is on my bucket list, so it's always fun to get a glimpse from someone else's perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  4. fun quilts - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Linda looks so joyful being photographed with her quilt and matching shirt! So sweet to see the photos of Freddy and Jean together there. It looked like a typical gorgeous summer day there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Очень очень красиво!Спасибо!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I, too, love Jean and Freddy's clothing and hats!! Must have been a great show.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your friend did a wonderful job on her Princess Diana quilt. I love any and all quilts too and also tend to lean toward traditional ones. However, that one more modern quilt you highlighted was STUNNING! Almost looked like it was inspired but one of Kaffe's fabric lines. (I don't know the name.) I also LOVE the pineapple outer border on the last one you showed. The Sisters Quilt Show is on my bucket list so maybe one day .... ;>)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Linda's story is really something!
    I enjoyed getting to see some of the sights around the Sisters show. The circle quilt really is eye-catching!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for sharing Lori ! This is an amazing show !

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so grateful, every year, for taking us with you at Sister's Quilt Show. I just love this show. Yes, the iconic photo of the barn with the employees' quilts is one of my favourite picture every time. The 2 ladies in the cart are so precious in the way they are dressed. Love it! Love the TV quilt with the colour cards when the station was closed for the night. My Gosh! I had forgotten about that. Too funny! Thanks for sharing. ;^)

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!