Friday, October 28, 2022

Buhl Bushong Quilt Exhibit

So I met my friend Laurie in Dulles Airport and we took off on our whirlwind trip right away!



Look! Look! Turn around! I need a photo! lol We spent a lot of time doing that!!
This old building was in Strasburg.


Union church circa 1825


We made it! Harrisonburg is where the Virginia Quilt Museum is located. 




The original quilt- circa 1855



Such a terrific variety of quilts were chosen for the museum exhibit. 
















I have to admit that it was pretty special seeing my quilt hanging there! (on the right)



I hope you enjoyed that exhibit!

Have a great weekend. 





 

9 comments:

  1. Fantastic! Love the quilts and the scenery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing all the versions of the quilt. What a well deserved honor to be included.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful quilts! What an honor to be featured in this exhibit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Spectacular show! Thank you very much for sharing. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I sure did! My DH and I were traveling home to NY from NC and because I happened to read your previous blog post about it a few days before we left, I made plans to stop in. Thrilled I got to see the exhibit, your quilt and the whole museum (and the history of the house) in person. Also cool that I got to see two of the quilts Pat Sloan is auctioning off for the museum as well. Excellent work by the group on all of the Buhl reproductions on display!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing. Congrats on having your quilt in the exhibit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was a fabulous Exhibit, Your quilt looked spectacular, Sew much sew, I bought the pattern.
    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely collection of inspired quilts! Fussy cutting and colors galore! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!