Wednesday, November 9, 2022

Quilts De Legend

The Quilts de Legende was the first exhibit I went to see  in Houston. If you are on my facebook group you even got to see a video! (link at the end of this post)

The rules: The quilts must be made from a picture in a book or a museum, without kits or patterns. All of the work is by hand; no machine stitching is permitted. The members' work is strictly judged for quality of stitches, including quilting. 

My favorite (so hard to choose a favorite!)




There were 2 of these quilts (in different sizes) I loved that the maker kept the original "design element"! YES!!



 

There were so many lovely quilts and I am choosing to only share a few. I'm sure if you do a google search, you'll find them all. 



I hope these few quilts inspire you as they have me!

Here's a link to the brief video I posted on Facebook:
https://youtu.be/OmJzTrLColw


11 comments:

  1. Stunning quilts - especially knowing that ALL the stitching is by hand. What skill those quilters have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you about your favorite. Beautiful and inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This kind of competition really appeals to me. I love “ copying” old quilts, hand piecing and quilting…. Keeping the art as it was long ago. Of course there’s always a place for machine work too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful and inspiring, thank you so much for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is quite a category of quilts! I am impressed with each one you shared. And since I have always dreamed of making a Pine Burr quilt (but not by hand), I was especially happy to see that one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those quilts are unbelievable, especially when you consider that they were all done by hand. I can not even imagine attempting one of those.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW, just wow. These are beautiful, especially your favorite. I can only imagine how beautiful in person!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have only been to The Show twice, both times, this exhibit was my favorite as well!! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning quilts!! Amazing work! I’ve always wanted to do a pine burr quilt too. Thank you for sharing these!

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!