Friday, November 11, 2022

Welcome Quiltalong

I've only heard from about 4 people that are working on this. So many of you bought the pattern or had the booklet. Let me know if you are still piecing the top with me! (Some are speedy and already have the top completed, I get it!)

We will finish the letters this time.

Using your 2.5" squares, hst, and 4 patches these can easily be completed. 

LOL, I think there was a reason this 4 patch was in the orphan block drawer! 


3 more blocks after this and the border! I'm going to get creative and dig into my orphan block drawer.
The unfinished blocks will need to be 8.5".


***I am changing the due date for the historic panel challenge. Instead of the end of November it will be "due" the end of December! We leave for our mission trip in 16 days and I'll be gone the last day of November. I didn't plan ahead very well! I'll likely have my little one completed, but not my larger one. I hope you all are okay with that. I'm usually pretty good with deadlines, but this month is zipping by.

I do plan on having the Welcome quiltalong completed before I leave though! So be ready friends!!


**I've been called for jury duty for the month of November and December. I'm in the throngs of the Angel Tree Prison Fellowship program that I head up every year and my new volunteer position with LINC has been so busy with winter weather arriving. (seems we skipped right over autumn!)  
I hope you all will take the time to see someone in need this season and reach out to them. Or help your local homeless shelter with donations, This is going to be a difficult year with the fuel prices (home heating and vehicle) and groceries.  There are many opportunities, but you need to look for them. I'm grateful that I'm able to help in small ways. 

Have a fantastic weekend!





 

9 comments:

  1. Ah, thank you, Lori for th reprieve! The stay of execution! The time to get more of a finish for this person who works so slowly on projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a little behind but still working on the welcome quilt. I am not on social media but will send you a picture of the completed top, hopefully soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did not notice I was commenting anonymously until I had already hit publish. I am enjoying the quilt along. Judy J

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Lori! I'm still working on the Welcome quilt, with some modifications!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for extending the historic panel challenge - maybe I'll actually have a completed top by the end of December. Progress is slow but we're getting there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am still working on my quilt. I finished the schoolhouse yesterday and I have all of the letters complete.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now that I'm back from vacation, I plan on starting the WELCOME banner. Hope to start this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your humble orphan blocks, you make them work so well. Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for the extension. I am working daily on my historical to make the deadline. RELIEF!!

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!