Friday, February 24, 2023

Shenandoah Stars

 Some of you may have seen the antique quilt I shared that I picked up in Virginia. It was a summer weight (no batting) crib size quilt. One of the trunk shows I just shared in Washington was 

Glory Bee: Patriotic Quilts from my collection.

I finished my version the night before I was to leave! I LOVE it! I was so happy to debut it at the guild meetings. (more on those meetings on Monday)

Here is my version. The right side border is claret. That little surprise is so sweet!

The rail fence blocks are not all the same size! Another sweet surprise. 


Here is the original. 

I've even made it into a kit!

Of course you can always purchase just the pattern.

This was my Electric Quilt sketch. 

I hope your week was as good as mine! Let's also have an amazing weekend, friends!


5 comments:

  1. Very pretty original quilt and your reproduction is just as pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the vintage quilt where did you find it?
    Your quilt is nice : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love both versions! Yours is so authentic I had to look twice discern which is which.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great quilt, Lori! You did a wonderful job reproducing it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent job reproducing the original. Yours kits are the bomb!!

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!