Friday, February 17, 2023

The Week of Love

I didn't get this completed until Valentines day and I was out of town at that time, so here is my sweet little "love" project. 
I had intended to make it for the VA quilt museum fundraiser but I was too slow and didn't get it completed on time. 




I loved this little umbrella fabric for the backing. 

As many of you may have seen either on instagram or my Facebook group I was out of town in a remote area of Washington visiting my brother. This was my first time visiting him at his log cabin. 

A lot of comments that came in to me got a bit jumbled- many I responded to on my phone, but I'll answer a few questions here.
The quilt shop I visited does not do mail order. It is called Country Manor and is located in Battle Ground, WA.
The humble quilt swap will be announced towards the end of March or beginning of April.

It has been awhile since I've seen my older brother. 

I was sure glad we were on the right road although the roads got smaller and more snowy the closer we got!


It was really special to be able to finally see his log cabin!
We had a bit of sun, a bit of snow, and spectacular sunsets!

Elsa had a wonderful time too!

There were so many wild turkeys and they were so big!
I even stitched a little on my turkey challenge quilt!

I'll be packing and preparing for my quilt guild visit to WA next week. Be sure to let me know if you are a blog reader and you come to the guild meeting and /or class!

Have a terrific weekend.




 

7 comments:

  1. How wonderful to get to see him again in his "natural setting"! I'm sure you had a good time catching up as well as being together again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your brother has a little slice of heaven in his log cabin setting! Does he live there full-time? A great get-away for you, and a perfect setting for your sweet little quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful place !! Nice to see you with your brother !

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am looking forward to the Humble quilt swap.I have already started my quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute Valentine quilt, and what a gorgeous peaceful setting for seeing family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I apologize if I did this twice. I am more accustomed to reading than posting. What a lovel setting your brother’s cabin sits in.

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a beautiful setting and great log cabin.
    Your quilt is sweet! I love that umbrella fabric, I just pulled out a different color way to use soon.

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!