Wednesday, April 19, 2023

This and That

As soon as I got home from CA I had a day to repack and Cory and I were off to Montana!

Our mission was a field trip to check out a warehouse that builds prefab log cabins. 

Meanwhile we had time to spare so these quilts were a few I saw at antique stores.


This one was my fav!

Love the red print and fat sashing!






Happy little spring quilt!


Don't see too many mounted bear heads in Oregon antique stores.

We went for a short walk through a wildlife refuge. The Bitterroot mountains looked amazing with the cloud formations.


We were told at the warehouse that Yellowstone is filmed right down the road in Darby, MT. 
Away we went! We watched a few seasons but we aren't diehard fans, but look who I saw in Darby! lol

And here's the Dutton ranch. 


I hope your week is going wonderful.  

 

8 comments:

  1. Wow! Those are great quilts. I too love the first one but the second one (green) got my attention. My mother did the cable pattern very often in her quilts but she would make the same cable in both directions. To see the "0" in the sashing was an interesting surprise. Love it! Martha Taylor : does it say 1904 or 1924? I can't decipher the date from the picture. The bear still looks scary. Thanks for sharing. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like getting the close-up shots of the vintage fabrics in these old quilts. I also appreciate seeing the chosen quilting patterns.
    That photo of the barn with the cloud shrouded mountains in the background really speaks to me.
    I have never seen an episode of Yellowstone, but I have heard about it. You keep company with some big names! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never seen an episode of Yellowstone either, not on Netflix. Love the old quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't beat an old quilt...nice finds and real beauties...

    ReplyDelete
  5. What treasures you saw, and I agree, the wide red sashing is great! Beautiful mountains and clouds. What a combination. Fun about Yellowstone. I watched a season or two and then had to bow out, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun post, Lori! I love seeing quilts that are for sale in antiques shops. Beautiful Montana scenery!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Montana looks beautiful. Fun to see the quilts you found. I esp Iike the red one, first shown. Not a fan of poor dead bears' heads tho.

    ReplyDelete
  8. great old quilts! I know Yellowstone is garbage,but I sill watched while in the sewing room. lol

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!