Monday, April 24, 2023

♫ Uptown ♫ ♫ Block 16


Block 16 of Uptown is complete!

I know I've mentioned it but the countdown to trekking in Peru is on!


My daughter, me, and my backpacking friend Sophie did a 10 miler on the Columbia Gorge this past weekend. 

It was a route I saw that the Gorge Runners are doing as a race. It certainly was tough and not extremely scenic, but a great training hike! 


It was up, up, up (1700'elevation) then meandered on this rocky logging road, then back down, down, down. I'm feeling pretty good! For the next 6 weeks I'll be hiking mileage and elevation as much as I can. 


Let's make it a fantastic week!

 

4 comments:

  1. Keeping in shape, you uptown girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks challenging, you did so well. Will the Peru trip be entirely about hiking, and if so do you know the routes ahead of time. Is altitude an issue. I know you'll do great.

    Uptown looks good, lots more to go?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That bit of blue is sweet in your block. —Roxanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a really pretty block.
    Kudos to you gals for challenging yourself that way. I know you are conditioning yourself for your mission trip, but it still takes gumption to get yourself going like that.

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!