Wednesday, May 3, 2023

Antique Block Challenge Revisited

The center block is an antique. Marsha in Idaho put 2 tops together with similar antique blocks.  
I  adore everything about it! I LOVE that blue rope looking fabric in the upper right section of the block.



I made a trade- fabric for this top. Gotta love bartering!

 
Here is Marsha with her completed top! 

If you have completed your antique block challenge and haven't shown me, I'd love to see yours! 

I can't wait to get my top basted and start quilting on it!

I am almost done hand quilting our 2023 Quiltalong! It is different and I love it. I sure hope you do too. This year I'll be putting together a simple starter pack for the quilt.

I'm calling it Parsonsfield, because my friend, Paula, helped me draw it out on EQ and she lives in the countryside of Maine called Parsonsfield. I'm not even sure I told her she was helping me with this years quiltalong. 

When she sent me the Electric Quilt quilt block, I thought duh! Sometimes you just have to have another set of eyes. Thank you Paula!

I hope you are having a terrific week! So many great swap quilts landing at their forever home!



8 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous finish!! I just love those colors, and the quilting brings it all together in such a magical way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good trade. I love the antique and Martha's interpretation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very good deal! Love studying the fabrics in this piece.
    Marsha's finish is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must have missed it. What is the antique block challenge? (janice(at)passionforperfume.com)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lori, I do need help changing my setting. I am a no-reply commenter and have been given several solutions but nothing has worked. Can you help? janice(at)passionforperfume.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that antique block with all its quirkiness and fun fabrics :) Marsha's finish is great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lori, it was a fun surprise to see your blog about my challenge quilt and our trade. The border print I traded for goes so well with a French General quilt I'm going to make. It has really been fun for our quilt guild to see the pictures of your class and visit to our guild. It was a great lecture and class!

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!