Monday, May 22, 2023

New Old Little Quilt


Here's a little 4 block quilt that I cannot even remember where I purchased it. I thought it would be a fun little one to finish into a small quilt. 
I showed you close ups of the sweet fabric in an earlier post. 





The one side has the goofy border. Goofy, charming in a humble kind of way!

I was able to use the flour sack I shared the other day. It was perfect! No batting. 

This was in my "antique or vintage" fabric drawer. Someone gave it to me and I'm sorry I do not recall who. I cut it to make the binding. I just love the vibrant blue!

 

Here are the blocks prior to completing. Look at that bottom border! hee-hee I had to do a bit of trimming. 

It doesn't smell too good so I plan on handwashing it. I hope it comes a little cleaner and fresher smelling. (I had to dabble some mint oil on it to work with it!) 

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend! We had stormy weather, a frightened Elsa, and a flooded building! All's well now.

Let's make it a fantastic week!



9 comments:

  1. What a delightful little quilt!! That border sure is interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so darling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a quirky little quilt--love it! And the blue binding is great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable! One to recreate. I always differentiate between modern perfect miniature quilts [beautiful in their own way] and folky antique small quilts/ doll quilts like this one. You know which style is MY fave.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a good job on salvaging those blocks. No one will ever know that you trimmed the bottom. I like to salvage things like that. Someone went through the trouble to make it and it deserves a place in our collection. If you don't keep it, I am sure that it will find a loving home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet quilt, all the quirkiness and variety, a lot to see. I hope this coming weekend is calmer for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fun (not the smelly part). Does it appear to have been cut from a larger piece? Could you tell by the stitching on the seams if it looked like a child's piecing, or just an adult who was not very experienced? The blue binding gives it a nice frame.

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!