Monday, July 3, 2023

Peru Textiles Part 1

 I realize I have so many cool photos of costumes and textiles I'll split it in 2 posts. Some of these I posted on the Facebook group, but many of you are not on facebook, so I'm sharing here. 

There was a huge celebration going on in Cusco when we arrived. It was the Festival of the Sun and celebrated the winter solstice in the Southern hemisphere. There were parades every day- all day with traditional costumes and dancing. I'll start with some photos from that. 





A large float of a woman weaving.



The next photos are random textile photos.



I thought this was so precious! (check out her shawl!)



This color was a little unusual but so pretty!



This man was sewing  or knitting (?) the arm in this little outfit. I always asked permission to take a photograph (unless the person was asleep!) haha






It's a sampler!

We dropped into this shop a day or two after arriving. We tended to go to the ones that weren't calling you in! She was the sweetest woman and so appreciative of our business. 


I assumed this was an eagle, but the Condor is big in Inca history so I'm sure that is what it is. Love that blue!

Thanks for coming along with me!



4 comments:

  1. So much glorious color! I love these travelogue posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great trip! Beautiful textiles everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Pictures!! Thank you for taking the time for your Blog. I enjoyed them all!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous colors and respect for tradition.

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!