Monday, June 5, 2023

Shenandoah Stars

Thanks for the good feedback on my joyful Friday post. That was fun!

This quilt has been put on hold long enough! I had it machine quilted and it just wasn't what I hoped for, so I removed it then hem-hawed around trying to figure out how to quilt it.

I moved forward and started doing some large cross hatching, not minding where the stitches fall. 
I've always liked an all-over pattern so I'll trust myself I'll like it when it is complete. 



The fan stitching lines should come out after washing when the quilt is completed.



My friend Michelle, has been traveling for about a month so we met halfway and caught up while hiking and camping.

How beautiful it was! 


Only after I started to take our food down that I thought you may be interested. We tie our food up and if we are in a populous bear area (or more remote) we will also add any lotion or anything smelly to our food bag. (no food in tent ever!) We find a high branch to throw our rope over and with a carabineer we attach our food bags and hoist it into the air, then tie our rope off on a nearby rock or tree. This method also keeps rodents from trying to get to your food as well. 

If you are hiking/camping in a heavy bear area you may be required to carry a bear canister or a campsite will have a bear locker where everyone stores there food, etc. overnight.  
Public service announcement of the day! Hahaha

Have a great week!

 

3 comments:

  1. I hope it didn't take you too long to take out the machine quilting! The hand stitching looks good. Beautiful spot for camping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the quilt. To be transparent, the branch was lower than what we should have used, but was the only one I could find.

    Happy that we got out and loved our lake front site!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the quilt. I’m not much of a hiker but your pictures tell me I need to get out in the woods.

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!