Wednesday, October 25, 2023

Aurora Part 2- Antique Quilts

These are some older quilts from the Aurora Quilt Show. Many belong to the historical society and were part of the Aurora Colony. 


This is a cute setting using vintage blocks. 





I can't say I've ever noticed that the applique was pulled into the seam!  I've seen this quilt many times over the years.






 











Here is my rendition I made (2011) after seeing the antique at the quilt show. Fabric hand dyed by former blogger Libby

I love the simple cross hatch quilting on this one. 






I don't recall seeing this one before. It was charming!





The one below was one I had not seen previously (at least I don't recall seeing it)



Stepping back you really see what the maker did to make this a really special quilt

The pieces were tiny!





And these 2 cuties were for sale in the boutique!



6 comments:

  1. I really love seeing those beautiful quilts/quilting. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aaaack! soo doggone gorgeous are everyone of these quilts....you are tempting me almost beyond resistance....i've had a boston commons quilt swirling around and seeing all those squares just tweaked it a bit....but oh those applique quilts....too much too much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing these wonderful quilts. 882 berries on the Cookie Cutter quilt border - OMG!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely selection of vintage quilts! I especially liked the scrappy nine patch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing these, with the close ups I was able to see feathered wreath over the applique on one and many of the rest helped me see quilting OVER the applique in so many different ways. Mom in law made us a quilt top that I started hand quilting many years ago, but kitties playing with the batting hanging out of the hoop made that difficult. It got put away and now we are in a little tin house with another kitty. No room to set up the hoop, but I had pondered hard on how to quilt... around or through the applique. Next time... I will realize I have choices.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love when you do these little quilt shows, I feel so lucky I get to see these treasures through you eyes :0)....Thank you Lori :0)

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!