Monday, October 23, 2023

Aurora Quilt Show

 Good Morning! My photos loaded backwards so we will start with a quilt shop then the quilt show. 

Not very many quilts shops in my area carry reproductions. I was happy to find one near the quilt show. They offered 20% off my entire order when I mentioned the quilt show! Bonus!




The greens were my favorites!

The Aurora quilt show is a fun one to attend although I don't think there were as many antique quilts on display. (will share those later this week)


I LOVED this fabric! It really made the quilt pop!


I'm not sure what to think of the jacket for a toddler.  It is really darling and maybe for a special event I could understand, but for school? The playground? 
What are your thoughts?


I cannot believe I didn't get a photo of the entire quilt below. 

It was a personalized signature quilt and really sweet with amazing details!



The quilt show takes place at the Aurora Colony Historical Society.


This quilt normally wouldn't be my cup of tea, but I love the way she incorporated orphan blocks into her crumb quilt.


And the quilt below was my favorite from the show designed by Bonnie Hunter. 


On our way we stopped at Trillium Lake for a quick hike around the lake. 
Since Elsa was left at the kennel while we were in Italy, she came along with us to the quilt show. 
She enjoyed the hike as well!




I hope you have a wonderful day and week!

11 comments:

  1. nice selection of chrome yellows in that shop....those seem to be the most elusive..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful! Thanks for sharing. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hiking views were stunning! Wow!! The local quilt shop here does carry reproductions - both 30s and Civil War. But not as many as they used to carry. That signature quilt really is creative. And I'm thinking the child sized quilted jacket is cute, but not practical for a child.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the Speckled Hen quilt shop as they carry fabrics which I really like...I rarely get to visit as I live 900 miles from it! Trillium Lake is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. To cut up a "cutter quilt" for little kids to wear? Not a fan of that, they do not understand the work that went into the making of the original quilt. Many adults are the same way. I've gifted quilts to extended family and now there is dog damage to them. One was finally given back to me for repair, so it is fine now. Only a discerning eye can find the repair areas now. The other one is halfway across the country. I'm becoming more reluctant to gift quilts to people with dogs. Using a Cutter Quilt for an adult, who understands the time and $ that went into the making, and will properly care for it is another story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My theory, once you gift a quilt it is their's......how they use it is up to them. I love to make quilts, I can't possibly keep them all, gifting or donating allows me to continue to sew. I don't want to leave this world with a couple hundred quilts stacked in piles. Quilts should be used.

      Delete
  6. In my travels I find fewer and fewer shops that carry repros. You discovered a gem.
    That is a gorgeous fabric!
    The jackets are clever, but not my thing.
    An amazing signature quilt!!
    Looks like a great setting for a quilt show.
    I took the "Garden Party" class from Bonnie. That is when I messed up my cutting and ended up making the 5" blocks 1.25" instead. I had planned to make them 2.5".
    The shots of Trillium Lake are so serene!! Incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Reproduction fabrics are my favorite as well. You got some nice pics of the quilts and you got some gorgeous landscape quilts. I think those belong in an exhibit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Annette in Sisters, OROctober 24, 2023 at 8:12 PM

    Had a chance to visit Speckled Hen only once about 6-7 years ago, unfortunately they were closed probably because it was 4th of July weekend. Will definitely have to hit them up again. Thanks for the pictures of the quilt show, it is now on my calendar for next year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! please do, esp if you like reproductions!

      Delete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!