Friday, October 27, 2023

Parsonsfield Quiltalong Part 1

Happy Friday! Today is the day we start the 2024 quiltalong Parsonsfield!



We are starting slow and easy. Several of you are still waiting for your starter kit to arrive. They should be arriving very soon.

I tried to copy the vintage 1920's quilt, mostly in the direction of my fabric. This has a lot of movement/stripes. Embrace it!
Upper right rectangle/lower left rectangle are the same print. You put it together with whatever pleases you. 


 

C: Cut one 4 1/4" square 

Use the quilt for placement of fabrics. 
A: (you will need 12 total, but not all of the same fabric) 4 1/4" x 2 3/8" rectangles

B: eight 2 3/8" squares (using 3 different prints) 

Put together in rows, pressing so your seams nestle together. 


Yay! Admire your work! That was the easy part! lol

Have a great weekend.

PS  Approx overall size will be 21" square.


10 comments:

  1. What a sweet quilt! Can you give us the dimensions of this central square after it is sewn together?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, I do hope I have some stripes....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your mysteries. Time to dig through the shirting scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ThIs should be interesting. Trying to do all from my stash, but dont have a good plaid for that diagonal center. I think I have a something else that will work, but might not cut until tomorrow! Thanks Lori! I am needing a challenge because I am working on two scrappy 9 patches for twin grands and I am tired of it part way thru the first one! Mary c in WI

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope I can actually get this done before the next installment! So seldom in the sewing room lately.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the softness of this quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks again for the sew along, always so fun :0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello, have never done a quiltalong but I am interested in Parsonsfield! Where can I find information about the overall finished size, please? Note: I am not on any of the "socials". Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!