Monday, October 30, 2023

Houston Quilt Festival

 Houston Quilt show is a terrific place to see beautiful quilts and meet with friends that sometimes you see only once a year!


 Last year my trip was fairly quick but I  avoided the weekend quilt show traffic and it worked out for me. 

Please let me know if you will be coming- I would love to see you if our schedules work out! 

(Kevin, ConnieR, Debbie S, Sue B, David  and Cecile will be there!)

November 1st - 5PM preview night. I love seeing the quilts at this time with less people. If you have a quilt in the show let me know so I can be looking for them.

November 2nd- 10AM- 6PM Quilt show and vendors

November 2nd I think I will check out the Open Studio from noon -2PM

November 3rd- 10AM- Noon Friday Sampler

And if you are wondering what that is: Twenty-three Festival teachers at separate tables around the room offer continuous demonstrations of particular techniques and methods. Enrollees circulate around the room informally and receive a booklet consisting of a handout from each participating teacher. 

Noon- 4ish- See any quilt exhibits I need to see again, revisit vendors- say goodbye to friends until next year.


And I see they are already prepping us for next year! You can enter a quilt in the show. It is pretty exciting. 

50 YEARS OF GREAT QUILTS

START WORKING NOW ON A RED, WHITE, AND BLUE QUILT FOR FESTIVAL’S 50th ANNIVERSARY SHOW IN 2024!


IN THE AMERICAN TRADITION

Contemporary quiltmakers often look to the art form’s rich tradition and history for inspiration in their own works. This exhibit features recently made quilts that incorporate traditional blocks, styles, and/or techniques.



You can see other categories HERE 

5 comments:

  1. I’m not going this year. I look forward to seeing your photos. Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Lori, I know you will enjoy it. I went to my first Houston Quilt Festival when they had it in the Shamrock Hilton Hotel over 40 years ago and I went every year without fail until about 8 years ago. I live fairly close to the convention center. I am looking forward to seeing what pics and info that you bring back. I'm still working on projects and "new ideas that aren't new any more" which I got from previous shows! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lori, I love your style of quilting and hiking! I know quilt market is wonderful, I have been at spring market several times in the past (not recently), and I'm wondering at what capacity are you there? Are you representing a company? Have a wonderful day.
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not attend market, just the quilt show. I have thought about it, but not sure at this time what my goal would be to attend market.

      Delete
  4. I doubt I'll ever get to that show, but I hope to have a red and white quilt done some day soon. Just need to add a couple more rows on two connecting sides.

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!