Wednesday, November 1, 2023

Sentimental Stitches BOW's

Gayle at Sentimental Stitches will be starting new Block of the Week soon! 


I LOVE this one. It is called Pop Tart.
It is so charming and a little funky. I'd like to know her secret to finding these quilts!


She is running this block of the week again in 2024! It's called Call Me Crazy

She has it broke down by blocks/sections and is not as nearly as complicated as it may look.


She calls this Half and Half

Details:

First up is Half & HalfHalf of the blocks are 6" blocks and the other half are 3" blocks.

I'm throwing in a few special applique blocks just for fun! The 3" blocks are foundation paper pieced. The 6" blocks will be a mixture of techniques with most being rotary cut and machine pieced but there will be some hand pieced and foundation pieced blocks too as I always present the patterns using the easiest, most accurate method of construction. There are two sashing options. The layout isn't complicated - it's just a good old-fashioned classic setting.

Just like its name, this quilt is going to be a half-and-half mix of beautiful quilt blocks perfect for any fabric theme. I'll be channeling a life in the 1930s during 2024 as I stitch along with you but you can use any reproduction or modern fabrics.



***************************

Gayle is very generous and really accurate in reproducing antique quilts. I've done many! I just sent off Uptown to be quilted and will be stepping back from doing one of hers this coming year. That was a hard decision but have some other projects that really need my attention. I absolutely LOVE her BOM's and wanted to share with many of you in case you are not familiar.


More info from Sentimental Stitches HERE. 




 

3 comments:

  1. I was so tempted to sign up for Pop Tart too but I need to focus on other things right now too -- like sew my Uptown together so I can get it quilted! I did sign up for Gay's Red Threads and am really enjoying the embroidery blocks. Her patterns are wonderful and I'm so glad you introduced me to her. Your Beyond the Cherry Trees quilt sold me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have only fully completed one of her BOMs, but have another project of hers that I started and had to set aside--it was a block of the day. I agree that her patterns are excellent, and I have been tempted by many others, including Call Me Crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, thank you for your post and for the links! I have been thinking of doing one of her BOMS for some time, so I just ordered Half and Half. I have so many thirties fabrics and I keep buying them. No self control! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!