Monday, November 6, 2023

International Quilt Festival- Part 1

I'm starting with a few quilts from the Houston Quilt Show that are not traditional and somehow caught my eye. I will have a lot of antique quilts and a few traditional ones that were in the show.

You may be able to click on any photo for a closer look.



Perfect name for this quilt!

So many quilts were painted. This was NOT one of them!



I'm not sure if you all have heard of the Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women. I live near a reservation and knew immediately what this quilt was about. Link HERE for more info. Read about this quilt below. 







Since I was recently in Venice I recognized this right away!


There was an entire exhibit dedicated to John Lewis. 



 If you are on Facebook I'm sure you've seen these, but what would a big quilt show be without friends?!


I ran into Cecile from France during preview night. 


My sweet friend Debbie from Texas. We always have a great time.

More to come!




4 comments:

  1. oooh great quilts every one....will definitely wear red on may 5th...horrible situation

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having watched Longmire on Netflix, I am more aware now of so many wrongs that have been done to people, especially those of another color. There were episodes relating to the rape of Native women, and no reprisals for what had been done to them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You chose some excellent quilts to share. Thank you. Good pics too. I know you had a fabulous time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like another amazing adventure

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!