Monday, December 18, 2023

Medallion Quilts NEQM

The American Quilt Study Group had an amazing exhibit of medallion quilts at the New England Quilt Museum. I'm sharing some of them today.

From the NEQM:
AQSG members were challenged to select and study an individual “medallion-style” quilt. Each participant either chose to make a small replica or create a new quilt using the original as inspiration. The NEQM Genre Gallery features 25 of these medallion-style quilts along with photographs of the original inspiration quilts, most of which span the 19th century. Included are personal statements about what the quiltmaker learned during the process and their reflections on the original quilt that inspired them.



I love this! BUT it is the only one I didn't get a photo of the tag. If you know who made it I'd love to add that info here.
Added:






I love this one so much!


Wendy Reed's adorable medallion. 




























 I really enjoyed this exhibit. I hope you got some inspiration today!

13 comments:

  1. not just reading lori, drooling big time! oh my these are soooo gorgeous! i'd like to make several...do i have another 40 years? i hope so...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely array of Medallion quilts--very inspiring;))) Thanks hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. Just wow! So much talent and inspiration here, thanks as always for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful quilts! Thanks especially for showing Blair Mahon's quilt, your favorite. I knew her when I was a member of the Berry Basket Quilters of Medford, NJ. A lovely lady who did outstanding work! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for sharing these quilts and the information about them!! I hope to get to the museum before this exhibit closes, but in case I don’t, I’m doubly grateful for your posts! Gladi Porsche (gladiquilts.net)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing, always love reading your posts, Marjan

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved Blairs too - did you notice her house quilt in the Gwen exhibit? She's a great quilter and a nice person too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing these here - I saw them in person and they were so amazing. So varied too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh boy! I really enjoyed that quilt show. Thanks so much for sharing. I would LOVE to make that Copp quilt. Is there a pattern for it anywhere?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I thoroughly enjoyed seeing these quilts! Thank you so much for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh these quilts are so good, thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!