Monday, March 25, 2024

Primitive Lone Cabin

Here is what I have so far. I've added the 3 stars. 

Here's the version that was in the book. I have done these primitive stars this way, but I was having a hard time wrapping my brain around it this time.

Mine turned out backwards, which isn't a big deal, I just had to remember how to do the other 2 so they looked the same. 


I wasn't a fan. 

So I opted for electric quilt and came up with my own version that I paper pieced. 

They are certainly primitive!! Now that I've practiced I need to make a few smaller ones.


All the humble quilt swap names have been sent out. If you signed up, please check your email.

Let's have an amazing week!


 

7 comments:

  1. gee i like both but see why you are happier with the second...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great, what a fun quilt. I appliqued some of these prim stars on my Marsh quilt, was just too finicky to make them pieced.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad I am not the only one whose brain doesn't always "get it", sometimes it just makes sense to try it another way :0) But look how great the stars turned out and love the log cabin too. Happy Sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I understand not being able to twist my mind around how to do some things quilty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I understand not being able to twist my mind around how to do some things quilty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was appliquéing those trees that got to me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your quilt is shaping up beautifully. Love the colors you've chosen.

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!